| petite6 |
|
| Jokers Wild |
|
| Reged: 08/14/06 |
| Posts: 190990 |
|
|
|
At Ohio Campaign Rally, Trump Threatens to Withhold Aid If Democrats Get Elected 10/05/26 12:41 PM
|
|
|
|
|
“I’m not going to help” if an Ohio Democratic candidate for governor wins, Trump said.
By Chris Walker , Truthout PublishedOctober 5, 2026
n a campaign speech in Vandalia, Ohio, on Saturday, President Donald Trump suggested he would withhold federal funds from the state if voters elect Democratic politicians in this year’s midterm races.
Trump appeared to conflate two different political races, discussing U.S. Sen. Jon Husted’s (R-Ohio) Senate reelection campaign and Democratic candidate Amy Acton’s campaign for governor in the same statement. (Husted is running against former U.S. Senator and Democrat Sherrod Brown, while Acton is facing off against Republican candidate for governor and Trump ally Vivek Ramaswamy.)
“Jon Husted…calls me all the time. He always wants money,” Trump said during his speech. “If Amy Acton got in, I don’t know anything about her.”
“I’m not going to help her, probably, she hates me, I guess,” Trump added.
Trump’s speech also featured vulgar attacks against Democrats in general. At one point, he encouraged those in attendance to “just get out and vote” for Republicans.
https://truthout.org/articles/at-ohio-campaign-rally-trump-threatens-to-withhold-aid-if-democrats-get-elected/
|
|
|
|
|
|