Forums >> Survivor >> Survivor AU + NZ + SA + UK

This is a response to: Survivor: New Zealand season 1 discussion. Two episodes in SPOILERS /next episode May 14th.
SpaceEVA
Joker Eager Beaver
Reged: 08/26/12
Episode 4 airing May 15th discussion/Spoilers.
05/16/17 01:02 PM

Talking points/developments/standout moments:

[Refer to the original post for pictures of each person if forgetting who people are]

Redemption Island

Tony wants to see Shay come to Redemption Island so he can eliminate her from the game personally.

Hermosa tribe

Shannon and Georgia decide not to tell their entire tribe the information they learned about Shay being the backstabber. They instead relay the general information about Tony's rant to the cheers of their audience.

Shannon decides she is sticking with the core 5 alliance, "it would be lunacy to go with Nate & Barb at this point, they have two/we have five".

Nate and Barb reflect on the generation gap they face on their tribe and their position on the outside.

Lee and Jak seem to be getting along swimmingly.

The Hermosa tribe are having food troubles which is becoming a narrative on their tribe.

Mogoton tribe

Lou and Sala relay what happened at Redemption Island to their tribe and how Tony is out to get the ones who voted for him..., Shay: "He's out to get me then, let's play".

Izzy makes a sandcastle cake for Shay's daughters birthday causing Sala to reflect on his family and missing home.

Shay's confessional suggests Sala's game plan is to draw people in with his personality but might not even realize it's a game plan which is a good game plan. She says Sala being easily trusted by the tribe works out to her favor as she has Sala's back and hopes Sala has her back.

Lou reaffirms with Avi that they need to stay strong with Shay and Sala as a four. Avi agrees but also throws in the case of carrying Tom a little bit to help them with numbers at the merge but promises he's with that four. Avi's confessional speaks to genuinely liking Tom but there's an inevitability of cutting him loose. He will do whatever it takes including blindsiding Tom.

Shay has been wanting Tom out and still wants him out, sees him as a threat and knows he's after her and she's after him.

The Mogoton tribe has yet to win a competition which has been a recurring narrative in them wanting so badly to finally win but coming up short and they're feeling pretty down about this recent loss with the downfall of rain setting the atmosphere. Even Shay's bible where she had scriptures highlighted and something she's had since she was a missionary is drenched... Contrasting this, Jak on the other Hermosa tribe as they enjoy the luxury of the tarp they won from reward covering them from the rain cracks that they should just shift the entire Mogoton tribe to Redemption Island.

Shay and Lou discuss who they're going to vote for at Tribal with Izzy and bring Tom's name up. Izzy's confessional saying she knows Shay's been wanting Tom out but at the same time has been developing a real strong friendship with Tom and it's really going to be tough.

Avi and Sala talk about the votes with Avi wanting to vote for Izzy and Sala agreeing. Tom joining them says he's not comfortable voting against Izzy as he's developed a solid "something" with her. Tom's confessional calls Izzy a really solid ally that he can trust her and the person he's voting for is Shay going on to reference how she's easily turned on alliance members already.

Shay tells Avi that she was talking with Izzy and Lou and the target is Tom which provokes a surprised but not happy noticeable reaction from Avi. He then goes on to campaign for Tom a bit with the agenda of keeping the tribe strong. Avi: "Once again i find myself in this position where i'm having to save Tom. Which is really hard because i want Tom here, i want to continue playing with Tom but no one trusts Tom. No one wants Tom here"

Avi and Shay have another talk. Shay says if they want to vote Izzy out that she just can't vote for her. Avi continues to push the keep tribe strong with Tom agenda. Shay's confessional reaffirms she won't vote for Izzy and will vote Tom even if she's outnumbered.

Avi tells Tom he definitely needs to vote for Izzy and breaks down the votes and that the three girls are voting for Tom. Tom's gutted in his confessional finding out Izzy's going to vote for him and doesn't want her to go. Avi assures Tom if it comes to a tie he will stand up and say something to sway the votes and will fight so hard, and that Tom's not going.

Izzy and Avi talk about votes shortly before Tribal. Avi tells her only Tom is leaning toward voting for her at the moment but then doesn't exactly assure Izzy his vote saying there's a strong case for Tom and wants to keep the tribe strong. Izzy makes a case that she's strong giving examples how she stole items in the first challenge to give their tribe and how she lasted longer than him in the recent challenge, etc... she doesn't come away too happy with the conversation and feeling disappointed in people especially Tom. Avi: "Sometimes honesty isn't the best tactic".

Izzy vents her frustration to Lou about how they're voting for her because of strength when he dropped before her in this recent immunity challenge and how the whole Tom not voting against her was BS and he is voting against her.

Tom confessional about not wanting Izzy to go home and talks about maybe being a time to try something risky and trying to get Lou/Izzy to vote against Shay.

Izzy/Tom/Lou have a sitdown. Avi's name comes up which Tom doesn't think is a good idea for future challenges and instead brings Shay's name up.

Izzy confessional about not being in an alliance but having a friendship with Lou and thinking she has something with Tom. She would never vote against Lou and would feel extremely bad voting against Tom and unsure what to do....

===========
Conclusion
===========

Going back a bit to the immunity challenge it was interesting in that an individual player won immunity for their entire tribe in the competition where you hold yourself using those foot placements that get smaller each time you go down. Lou was the last remaining for her tribe but ultimately fell for Hermosa's Georgia and Mike to win it.

Izzy is voted out at Tribal Council and moves on to face Tony at Redemption Island.

Votes against Izzy: Sala, Avi, Tom
Votes against Tom: Lou, Izzy
Votes against Lou: Shay

Final thoughts:

Aghhhhhhhhhh i'm gutted. I really liked Izzy and she was probably my favorite at this time and i was liking the Tom/Izzy connection a lot and then you had Lou/Izzy developing as well. It was hard to watch Tom and Izzy have to go against each other as i just was becoming happy about their relationship developing. That was another good episode though but i fear this result might begin a decline of interest, investment and engaging from me. Seeing the preview for next week i didn't have the same passion anymore i could feel it not being the same without Izzy and the dynamics surrounding her being there anymore. I like this season and will stick with watching it though it's just hard losing people you connect with especially early on. That hurts.

The sand castle birthday cake was a really cute standout moment. Usually these emotional moments aren't handled that well like the cringeworthy family visits but i thought that was an awesome moment.

Avi seems to be standing out among the rest in terms of gameplay performance so far at this time. That's twice now he's pretty much saved Tom and led the flow of things to where he wanted it to go. In this episode it's seen Shay who previously i considered standing out the most now in the background to Avi and where Shay wants Tom to go and Avi wants him to stay and Tom staying. He's also got the strongest connection to Tom who's staying while in that power core 4 alliance with the others. From what i've seen over the course of the last two episodes he seems to be doing a pretty good job of things on that tribe.

So, i guess i'll give Avi my sand castle cake award for standout performance this week.

It'll be interesting and i'm curious to think about how things will play out if it comes down to Avi or Shay emerging over the other on this tribe.

I'm disappointed that Avi/Tom/Izzy couldn't get on the same page. Avi wants to work with Tom and keep him there and is saying no one trusts Tom or wants to work with him but then there's Izzy who wanted the same and they maybe had a chance to flip Lou to their side. I'm not sure Avi even considered this because of his connection to that core 4 alliance and it didn't come across like Tom talked to Avi about his connection with and ideas for Izzy either. That was my hopeful scenario outcome but it just didn't come together in time.

I continue to enjoy how New Zealand is putting their episodes together. I feel like Australia/New Zealand is becoming more liked for me than the USA version. I haven't liked the direction Survivor USA has moved into of late with all of their focus on strategy, big moves and blindsides and i'm liking more what these New Zealand and Australian Survivor shows have to offer.

...and cool that New Zealand Survivor is now recognized on this board. Hooray for New Zealand. A good addition with the Australian Survivor family.

Edited (05/16/17 04:26 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Survivor: New Zealand season 1 discussion. Two episodes in SPOILERS /next episode May 14th.
SpaceEVA
05/11/17 04:25 PM
xx * Episode 6 airing May 22 discussion/Spoilers
SpaceEVA
05/22/17 10:18 PM
xx * I think i'm probably going to stop attempting to break down these episodes here.
SpaceEVA
05/26/17 12:56 AM
xx * Thanks for your effort
bbdude
05/26/17 10:02 AM
xx * Episode 5 airing May 21 discussion/Spoilers
SpaceEVA
05/21/17 04:13 PM
xx * Episode 4 airing May 15th discussion/Spoilers.
SpaceEVA
05/16/17 01:02 PM
xx * Episode 3 airing May 14th discussion/Spoilers.
SpaceEVA
05/14/17 05:07 PM
xx * I'll probably wait before starting this one NT
M3gabyt3 Administrator
05/14/17 02:48 PM
xx * How do you watch these other versions? I've heard Australia has been good. NT
AZ_Cards_11
05/13/17 08:10 AM
xx * Australia season 3 was quite good except for a very bad twist and so far this New Zealand first season is decent.
SpaceEVA
05/13/17 12:31 PM
xx * Thanks! NT
AZ_Cards_11
05/15/17 05:32 AM
xx * I've edited the original post to include pictures of each person so it's easier to connect a name to a face as only names can get confusing NT
SpaceEVA
05/12/17 01:33 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 1796
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)