Forums >> Reality Shows >> The Amazing Race

JAF
Jokers Pro
Reged: 08/20/04
Loc: Colorado
I just finished up binge-watching TAR season 1 on Hulu (never saw the first few seasons). Wow, great season! Reminds me of why the earlier seasons were so much better than more recent ones.
06/13/18 08:38 PM

First, what a satisfying ending! Loved the winners, loved that the cocky, alloying villains fell way behind, and loved that the so-overconfident team that thought they knew the fastest route there because it was just blocks from their home got beat. Ha! Just love when that happens.

I also loved that finding flights was a much bigger part of the strategy back then. That's always been a part of the show I really liked (even if it puts a team way behind). They've watered down so much of that element in recent years, and added so many "even everyone up" points to keep anyone from getting far ahead.

I so wish they'd go back to just all newbie contestants. They've done way too many "celebrities" and theme seasons in recent years. Just go back to doing what made it so great in the first place.

Join us at JU's Conservative Corner private political forum (PM Admin for access).

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I just finished up binge-watching TAR season 1 on Hulu (never saw the first few seasons). Wow, great season! Reminds me of why the earlier seasons were so much better than more recent ones.
JAF
06/13/18 08:38 PM
xx * I just watched 5 to see Colin/Christine race. That poor old guy getting trampled at the starting line, it was sure a different race back then. NT
silverspoons
06/22/18 04:59 PM
xx * IA, the original TAR was so much better than what we have now...but I guess CBS knows best..pfft NT
terlu
06/13/18 10:42 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 106
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2018 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv2)