Forums >> Survivor >> Survivor Discussion

Dreamer

Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
Kellee Kim of Survivor speaks out on inappropriate touching incidents ~ The contestant shares her story of what happened on the island, and reacts to watching it all play back on TV.
11/20/19 06:34 PM

Kellee Kim of Survivor speaks out on inappropriate touching incidents
The contestant shares her story of what happened on the island, and reacts to watching it all play back on TV.

By Dalton Ross November 19, 2019 at 01:30 PM EST

///snip///

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: There’s so much to get into with all of this. Let’s start here: How does it feel now seven months later to have to relive all this stuff that happened out on the island with Dan’s inappropriate touching?
KELLEE KIM:
As shown in the first episode, I told Dan that I didn’t like being touched and asked him to respect my personal boundaries. Not shown is that Janet also had a conversation with him in the first 6 days, saying it’s not the same for me to touch younger women as it is for you. However, Dan was part of our core alliance and to risk alienating him was to risk my allies and my game. I tried to address the issue and move forward with the game. I can leave this show feeling proud of that.

Speaking up for myself and others took a lot of courage, because there was always the risk that I wasn’t going to be believed. That’s why it’s important to support them and speak up for them. I am grateful to those who supported me and took a stand for me.

What happened when production intervened and talked to you all, and were you satisfied with their response or do you feel they should have intervened sooner?
One of the things that truly makes Survivor special is that the producers let the players play. We say what we want to say, and we are left as much as possible to our own devices; this is what has kept the integrity of the game. However, on the flip side, it has created a relationship where players can’t ask for help and producers can’t step in. More ~ https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/19/survivor-kellee-kim-interview-island-of-the-idols/

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Kellee Kim of Survivor speaks out on inappropriate touching incidents ~ The contestant shares her story of what happened on the island, and reacts to watching it all play back on TV.
Dreamer Administrator
11/20/19 06:34 PM
xx * He should have asked her about concocting her plan to eliminate Jack and if she regrets doing that now, it set the ball rolling to her own elimination. NT
beachbum7
11/20/19 11:38 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 352
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)