Forums >> Current Affairs >> Current Affairs

This is a response to: As my family shelters in Tel Aviv, I’m unsettled that progressive Americans aren’t speaking up for Palestinians
Beard
Jokers Pro
Reged: 12/24/05
There does need to be a more balanced and open-minded approach to the Israel/Palestine conflict, particularly on the part of US politicians who seem to be held hostage
05/12/21 05:34 PM

to Israeli interests, mostly due to their own ambitions. We all have great sympathy for what the Jews have suffered, and are equally in awe of what they have done to develop and defend a highly successful nation from the underdeveloped former Palestinian territories, but they have also sometimes been high-handed, unnecessarily brutal and manipulative in their dealings with the Palestinians and the world.

As just a first step, the US should reverse it's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and condemn their actions to systematically occupy the disputed territories with permanent Jewish settlements.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* As my family shelters in Tel Aviv, I’m unsettled that progressive Americans aren’t speaking up for Palestinians
petite6
05/12/21 03:00 PM
xx * There does need to be a more balanced and open-minded approach to the Israel/Palestine conflict, particularly on the part of US politicians who seem to be held hostage
Beard
05/12/21 05:34 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 18
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)