Forums >> Non-Reality Shows >> Other UnReality Shows

petite6
Jokers Wild
Reged: 08/14/06
How ABC Found a Surprise Hit in ‘The Good Doctor’
11/21/17 06:11 PM

Daniel Dae Kim was wide awake and scrolling through Twitter at 4 a.m. when he realized “The Good Doctor” was going to be a hit.

It was a Tuesday in September, and Mr. Kim, a 49-year-old actor known for his work on “Hawaii Five-0” and “Lost,” found himself in bed in western Bulgaria not far from the set of “Hellboy,” a movie he was filming for release next year.

He had a special interest in “The Good Doctor,” because it represented his first outing in a new role: executive producer. And so, although he had to go to work in just a few hours, he could not keep himself from checking the effusive social-media reaction to the show’s premiere episode on ABC.

When Mr. Kim stumbled onto the “Hellboy” set in the morning, he felt just fine. “I’ve lived with this project since 2013, so one night of lost sleep wasn’t going to make a difference,” he said, laughing.

LINK

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* How ABC Found a Surprise Hit in ‘The Good Doctor’
petite6
11/21/17 06:11 PM
xx * It’s a wonderful show and I love the main actor. I find myself laughing more than crying..lol NT
Rzy2
11/21/17 06:23 PM
xx * I like it too and even more so as they are fleshing out the other main characters, they are a great community of co-workers/friends. NT
terlu
11/21/17 08:12 PM
xx * best scary decision Kim could have made ... now has a hit show CBS rejected and an increased salary...great come back NT
petite6
11/21/17 06:13 PM
xx * Very good decision on his part, happy for him. NT
terlu
11/21/17 08:13 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 250
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)