Forums >> Non-Reality Shows >> Other UnReality Shows

This is a response to: Spike is being renamed Paramount. Don't know why but Ink Master just told me that. lol NT
GazingEyes
Joker's Concierge
Reged: 11/15/08
Loc: NYC & Louisiana
"Spike To Change Name & Become The Paramount Network In Viacom Rebranding"
09/27/17 03:41 PM

In an internal memo, Spike president Kevin Kay addresses the transition, which will take place over the next year with a tentative launch scheduled for early 2018.

The Paramount Network’s “focus will be on building distinctive, high-quality scripted and non-scripted original programming – with dramas, comedies, documentaries, movies, sports and tentpole events. It will also incorporate third-party programming, as well as films from other studio’s libraries.”

Spike last week saw two of the networks, which are now deemed as non-essential, TV Land and CMT, aligned with it under Kay. It is unclear whether any original programming, particularly scripted, will migrate from them to Spike, which is yet to launch its first scripted series, The Mist, and is currently casting its second event series, Waco. But Bakish stressed that Viacom’s scripted series efforts will be focused on Paramount Network going forward.
You can read Kay’s note in full below.

All-

Today is a watershed moment for us at Spike.

It is the culmination of years of hard work transforming Spike into a premium entertainment destination. The time is right to take the next big leap forward – to capitalize on this moment when the appetite for powerful storytelling and high-quality cinematic production has never been greater in television.

The time is right for THE PARAMOUNT NETWORK.

For more than 100 years, the iconic Paramount name has been closely associated with the biggest stars and most compelling stories in all of entertainment. It’s a studio known worldwide with unparalleled brand recognition. As one of the biggest media companies in the world, Viacom has an incredibly wide-ranging portfolio of indelible brands that have unique and powerful relationships with broad and diverse audiences across the globe, including the successful Paramount Channel aired internationally, from France to Latin America to Russia.

To read the rest of the note click on
this link

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ‘Waco’: First Look At Taylor Kitsch As David Koresh In Paramount Network Series
petite6
09/26/17 12:21 PM
xx * I'm very interested in this but what is the Paramount Network? How is a show based on this not on normal TV? NT
justin_2pac
09/26/17 03:23 PM
xx * Spike is being renamed Paramount. Don't know why but Ink Master just told me that. lol NT
terlu
09/26/17 10:16 PM
xx * "Spike To Change Name & Become The Paramount Network In Viacom Rebranding"
GazingEyes
09/27/17 03:41 PM
xx * they just canceled The Mist too. I really liked the movie NT
petite6
09/27/17 03:43 PM
xx * Was The Mist good? NT
GazingEyes
09/27/17 03:45 PM
xx * Oh sweet I had no idea, I'll be watching for sure! I wonder why these channels just keep changing names randomly? Thanks for the info!!! NT
justin_2pac
09/26/17 10:48 PM
xx * YW! And yeah, don't know why they do that, makes it difficult to follow stuff you want to watch. NT
terlu
09/27/17 12:29 AM
xx * Good thing you watch Ink Master I guess lol!!! NT
justin_2pac
09/27/17 03:03 PM
xx * who knew Riggins could look so awful and crazy NT
petite6
09/26/17 12:23 PM
xx * Wow....your right, who knew! NT
wyndycty
09/26/17 01:28 PM
xx * OMG he was so cute in Friday Night Lights!! Hope that is not his real hairline...lol NT
Mazita
09/26/17 01:38 PM
xx * Such a great show! Riggins was my favorite of the "kid" characters for sure NT
justin_2pac
09/26/17 03:25 PM
xx * mhmmmm
petite6
09/26/17 01:45 PM
xx * are you watching? I'm kind of scared NT
petite6
09/26/17 01:29 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 1118
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)