Forums >> General Discussion >> Joker's Parenting

LettucePray
Jokers Pro
Reged: 03/02/08
Loc: Old Lady in Texas
My son and his wife are headed for divorce. They live in CO and have a 7, 5 and 3 year old. I'm so sad. I dearly love my
06/15/13 07:24 PM

DIL. She's a great mom, but she and my son don't agree about spending/saving $, disciplining the kids or sex. The big 3. She was raised with parents that just "lived" together in the same house (mom lives downstairs/dad lives upstairs, never ate with mom/dad/brother in her entire life) and my son was raised with a mom/dad that dearly loved each other (same bed, held hands, arms around each other, lots of affection shown, had family meal each evening when dad came home, etc.).
I'm just sad for my son/DIL and especially those kids... my grandbabies.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My son and his wife are headed for divorce. They live in CO and have a 7, 5 and 3 year old. I'm so sad. I dearly love my
LettucePray
06/15/13 07:24 PM
xx * I am so sorry to hear what you are going through Lettuce. (((hugs))). This has got to be so hard. NT
GazingEyes
06/24/13 06:58 AM
xx * I'm sorry, Lettuce. Just because they are separating doesn't mean your relationship with her should change. NT
Rayann
06/18/13 10:09 AM
xx * It just changed. DIL refused to talk to me when I called. She moved her things/kids things OUT of their house while my son was on a business trip
LettucePray
06/22/13 05:10 PM
xx * (((hugs))) Just remember that you tried to reach out, and she turned it ugly! NT
Rayann
06/24/13 06:39 AM
xx * I'm sorry to hear this.. It's so hard when something like this happens to one of your kids. I always said if I could take all their pain away from
VelvetWind
06/22/13 06:12 PM
xx * Damn. I'm so sorry. NT
Judybug
06/22/13 05:32 PM
xx * Just keep praying and loving them all! NT
ScienceFemme
06/16/13 08:52 AM
xx * I'm so sorry, Lettuce. Divorce is so hard on families. NT
LibraLady
06/15/13 08:00 PM
xx * Thanks. I'm at a loss of what to do ... then I realized I can do nothing other than pray for all. <tears> NT
LettucePray
06/15/13 08:09 PM
xx * that is the very best thing you can do. i cant even imagine how hard this will be on those babies. have they considered counseling? NT
LibraLady
06/15/13 08:19 PM
xx * Yes they did. DIL quit, son still goes. I did offer to pay for another therapist (not on their health care plan). Son doesn't want me to do that
LettucePray
06/15/13 08:48 PM
xx * Thanks for talking to me Libra. I'm a Libra too ... Zodiac sign. Son is Cancer and DIL is an Aries. lol NT
LettucePray
06/15/13 08:53 PM
xx * i stepped away for a sec. you dont have to thank me thats what friends are for. i can tell u need a friend right now. wish i could do more. NT
LibraLady
06/15/13 09:31 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 3013
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)