Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB News & Rumors

Dreamer

Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
The ‘Big Brother’ Paul situation shows why returning players are a bad idea on reality TV
08/21/17 09:56 PM

The ‘Big Brother’ Paul situation shows why returning players are a bad idea on reality TV

By Emily Yahr

August 21

On an episode of CBS’s “Big Brother” this weekend, contestant Paul Abrahamian made an observation.

“I don’t even know how I’ve made it so far, or why these people have not even considered putting me up on the block,” he marveled to the camera. “But I’ll take it.”

It’s an excellent point. Paul is a returning player (a “vet,” in “Big Brother” lingo) who came in second place last season. You would think, given that “Big Brother” is a game of strategy — in which 16 people are trapped in a camera-filled house and vote one another out one by one — that his fellow houseguests would put him on the block for eviction as soon as possible. Not so much. And as a result, “Big Brother” Season 19 has suffered. Not so much the ratings — the show is still a summer hit for CBS. It’s just boring. For some reason, most of the contestants are oddly protective of Paul, treating him like their king. They’re so in awe of his status as a former player that they let him call the shots, and gang up on the few houseguests who don’t idolize him. As the season hits its halfway mark, Paul is on his way to the easiest $500,000 grand prize in “Big Brother” history.Read on here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/08/21/the-big-brother-paul-situation-shows-why-returning-players-are-a-bad-idea-on-reality-tv

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* The ‘Big Brother’ Paul situation shows why returning players are a bad idea on reality TV
Dreamer Administrator
08/21/17 09:56 PM
xx * 3 wks of safety was too long for Paul or any player.
sadiegirl
08/23/17 06:51 AM
xx * BB19 has been the worst season ever!! NT
krisbcritter23
08/22/17 08:35 AM
xx * Completely missed the boat on why Paul "gained" favor
NewLeaf
08/22/17 06:01 AM
xx * small correction
mynewpseud
08/22/17 09:29 PM
xx * I don't know if it's by production manipulation, or just good luck, but Paul has this game in the bag. These HG's are not very bright, they are
georgygirl
08/22/17 10:06 AM
xx * 3 weeks of safety - ridiculous! Production helped/helps Paul 100% NT
luvs2chat
08/23/17 06:07 AM
xx * 100% correct NT
MaddyP
08/21/17 10:10 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 12371
Thread Tags: Paul BB19

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)