Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB News & Rumors

moeopoly
Joker Uber Member
Reged: 09/05/13
Expect the Unexpected: Julie Chen Dishes On ‘The Talk’ and the Return of ‘Big Brother’
06/27/17 07:58 PM

Expect the Unexpected: Julie Chen Dishes On ‘The Talk’ and the Return of ‘Big Brother’

Michael Logan | June 27, 2017

Photo: Robert Ascroft© 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Summer’s here and that means Julie Chen is once again doing double CBS duty as moderator of The Talk and host of Big Brother. We can never have too much of a good thing.

Big Brother is back June 28 for its 19th season. Why do you still stick with the gig? You sure don’t need the extra paycheck.

It’s become like my left arm. I can’t imagine life without it. It’s such a well-oiled machine at this point that it doesn’t even feel like work. It feels more like my summer vacation, my guilty pleasure. Besides, if I was sitting home watching someone else take over, I’d feel like I wasn’t invited to the party—and I cannot have that!

The houseguests must go through the summer without any outside contact. Would you be able to handle that?

I don’t want to even think about being out of touch with my husband and my son but I recently misplaced my cellphone and it was a very freeing thing. I actually enjoyed it! I have one friend who doesn’t have a cellphone at all and I’ll bet you she lives a much more joyful, present life with a lot less stress and anxiety than the rest of us. People are addicted to texting and tweeting nowadays but I think the majority of the Big Brother houseguests feel surprisingly liberated when their cellphones are taken away. It’s like a forced vacation from your life.

When Big Brother debuted in 2000, it was a rare opportunity to peep at outrageous human behavior, which is now readily accessible—ad nauseam—all over social media. Is the show in danger of becoming a lot less special?

[Laughs] No, and here’s why: Nothing can ever compete with putting 15 strangers together in a house with one bathroom.

[You can read the rest of the article (non-BB related) here: ]https://www.tvinsider.com/247291/julie-chen-the-talk-big-brother/]

Edited (06/27/17 07:59 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Expect the Unexpected: Julie Chen Dishes On ‘The Talk’ and the Return of ‘Big Brother’
moeopoly *
06/27/17 07:58 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 532
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)