Forums >> Retired Forums >> User Spotlight

User_Spotlight
journeyman
Reged: 02/19/06
User SpotLight on Scarlett
01/21/07 04:35 PM

Spotlight on: Scarlett

Where are you from?
Alabama. I was born on a Navy base in Maryland and have lived in Seattle, but I have been living in Alabama since 1975. My family was originally from here and it’s why we came back and stayed.

What do you do in real life?
I am a high school teacher.

What brought you to JokersUpdates?
Big Brother 2. I was reading and daringly posting on a newsgroup about BB2. It seemed to take forever for posts to show up. It was the night of the Justin/Krista knife incident and it was crazy in the newsgroup. Someone there posted the link to JU and I stuck around. I liked how things worked a bit faster there. For those around that long, it was the old turquoise board.

How much time do you spend at JokersUpdates?
It depends on the time of the year and my schedule. Sometimes I hang out a great deal and sometimes I lurk and do a fly-by post or two.

What are your favorite JokersUpdates Forums?
I like the Salon, the P/Xs, Animal House, Picture This, Celebrity Buzz, Joker Stewart, Kick It, TAR, AI, and BB during their seasons.

What is your favorite reality show?
Though BB brought me to Joker’s, my favorite reality show is The Amazing Race. I love to travel and I get to do so vicariously through the contestants.

Who are your favorite reality show personalities?
I like Phil from TAR and I like Will Kirby from BB2 and BBAS; his game-play has always amazed me.

What do you watch besides reality shows?
I like CSI, Cold Case, What Not to Wear, How I Met You Mother, Two and a Half Men, Auburn football games, The New Adventures of Old Christine, CSI Miami, Criminal Minds, and the property flipping shows on TLC.

If you could spend one day with a celebrity, who would it be?
Bono. I have a ridiculous school-girl crush on him. It’s silly, but he makes me swoon. Don’t tell anyone; I’d be embarrassed if anyone knew! On a serious note, and his philanthropic endeavors and politics interest me. I’d like to hear him speak about those things.

What one thing about you do you think would surprise most posters at Jokers?
I can’t imagine after posting over 10k times and for over 6 years that there’s anything the posters here haven’t heard before!

Do you have any pets? If so, can you tell us about them?
I have a cat named Margarita. I rescued her from certain death in the parking lot of a Mexican restaurant during the summer of 2003; she was a tiny kitten of about eight weeks. She’s a long-haired torti. She’s has a major case of torti-tude, but I love her all the same!

Tell us a bit about your family.
My father, who died when I was 4, was an only child; I am his only child. A few years after that, mother re-married. I have a wonderful half-brother, Charlie (who occasionally posts here). My step-father, who always considered me his very own, died during the summer of 2004. I miss him terribly! My family is rather small. Thankfully, we all live in the same community so it’s nice that we can all visit one another with a relatively short drive.

What are your Hobbies? Interests? Passions?
I love to travel. I don’t have enough time or money to do it as often as I would like to, but whenever the opportunity arrives I will pack my suitcase and go. I like photography. I would like to learn more about my camera and how to take better photographs.
I thoroughly enjoy watching my Auburn Tigers play football. I have had season tickets nearly every year since 1984 (both as a student and an alumna). I have been to several bowl games over the years as well. If you need to find me on a Saturday in the fall, Jordan-Hare Stadium is where I will be. War Eagle!!! Other things I enjoy are the Net, scrapbooking, time with family and friends, reading and exercising.

What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Loyal, Silly, Shy (but once I warm up, watch out!)

Anything else you'd like to add about yourself?
I am glad that I stumbled upon JU so many years ago. I have enjoyed my time here and the friends I have made. I’ve learned so much from all the folks who’ve posted over the years. Thanks y’all!

Edited (01/21/07 07:09 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* User SpotLight on Scarlett
User_Spotlight
01/21/07 04:35 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 1655
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)