Forums >> Retired Forums >> User Spotlight

User_Spotlight
journeyman
Reged: 02/19/06
User SpotLight on Caramel
09/28/06 02:07 AM

Spotlight on: Caramel

Where are you from?
I live in Little Rock, Arkansas, but I am a native of Helena, Arkansas.

What do you do in real life?
I work for a marketing firm. I am currently a board member of a program operating through a social and human services agency. I love helping people and this helps me realize my purpose in life. I also sing in my church choir and serve as director of the drama department and co-director of public relations. I am also a Red Cross volunteer and am politically active.

What brought you to JokersUpdates?
A poster on another message board. I was asking for info about Big Brother and she sent me over here in August of '05.

How much time do you spend at JokersUpdates?
Too much. After BB last summer, I hung around and became addicted. We really should start a Joker's Anonymous.

What are your favorite JokersUpdates Forums?
The P/X, Salon, Ladies Night and BB Updates and Discussion.

What are your favorite reality shows?
American Idol and Big Brother are my favs. I enjoy the vocal performances and watching for growth in the contestants. The idea of giving an unknown a big break is really appealing. BB is an interesting social experiment. Watching people and seeing them interact when they have to depend on others is a trip. I hated watching it reduced to making good TV this past season.
Dancing with the Stars is delightful and very entertaining. There are a couple of others I will watch occasionally. I'm watching TAR for the first time as a result of the interest of people here.

Who are your favorite reality show personalities?
That's a hard one. Please don't make me pick one.

What do you watch besides reality shows?
I love dramas -- Boston Legal, CSI: Miami, Grey's Anatomoy and Deperate Housewives. And I love my soaps -- Young & Restless, One Life to Live and All My Children, in that order.

If you could spend one day with a celebrity, who would it be?
Denzel Washington because he exudes charm, poise, wit, intelligence and grace. And he is damned sexy!

What one thing about you do you think would surprise most posters at Jokers?
I was recruited by an art school while still in high school. I used to draw all the time. I mostly enjoyed real life. I did a high school classmate, who took the drawing home to show it to her parents. I never saw my drawing again. It was one of my best.

Do you have any pets? If so, can you tell us about them?
I don't own a pet. When I was growing up, we had a blonde Cocker Spaniel that all loved dearly. We were all very sad when he was hit by a car.

Tell us a bit about your family.
I'm single, a divorcee, with an adult son. I am the youngest of five girls with two younger brothers. My mother still lives in Helena, and my father has been in heaven several years. I still miss him. He was my rock.

What are your Hobbies? Interests? Passions?
I love to write poetry, sing, listen to music, mostly jazz and R & B. I love art and anything artistic -- fashion design, interior design, etc. I am passionate about helping people however I can, pulling out their strengths and helping them to feel good about themselves.

What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Intelligent, Creative and Kind.

Anything else you'd like to add about yourself?
I have come in contact with many people in my lifetime from the destitute, to the socially elite to celebrities. I have been at ease with all of them or made them feel at ease dealing with me. I love people and I love seeing people happy.

Having almost died three times, I decided that God kept me here because he had work for me to do that isn't finished yet. Labor Day of '05 was spent assisting Katrina evacuees. I learned a lot about myself and the human heart that day.

I'm glad my online friend directed me to Joker's. There are some truly beautiful and wonderful people here. Thanks for having me.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* User SpotLight on Caramel
User_Spotlight
09/28/06 02:07 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 2443
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)