Forums >> General Discussion >> The Score

colleenag
Jokers Pro
Reged: 12/28/13
Loc: New Hampshire
I know it's not a popular sentiment here but humor me fellow jokers as I express my jubilance over what the Patriots and most especially Tom Brady
11/20/17 10:30 AM

have been able to accomplish this season as 5x defending Super Bowl Champions!

Please forgive me but I can't help but be a grateful witness to the greatness that comes wrapped up with movie star good looks and the humble personality of Tom Brady. At 40, he not only has the 17 years experience that comes from starting every one of those 17 season (OK, we can exclude 2008) but the body that can still let him utilize that experience to, up to present moment, lead his division and tie his conference for 1st place.

Along with all his qualities Tom also possesses another great asset, coach Bill Belichick. Not known for his sterling personality but rather his genius football mind, the combination of Tom and Bill have proved the most recent incarnation of the greatest of all time coach/quarterback duo.

To have won as many Super Bowls as they have and to have been to a couple that they didn't win ...
I won't argue that weak division/easier schedule/ luck with calls/injuries/etc haven't played a part in the Patriot's dominance over the past decade. But it is arguably a very small part.

I had mixed feelings when Tom decided to continue to play. Mostly fear for his health, his legacy (what if he backslides and it gets ugly like it has for so many others?). But right now my fears feel unfounded. He looks as great or greater than ever and Bill Belichick, as some say, is playing chess while other coaches are playing checkers. The Patriots are getting their act together while many teams around them are falling apart.

Good luck beloved team! Thank you for all the great highlights over the past 17 years.

BLITZ FOR SIX

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I know it's not a popular sentiment here but humor me fellow jokers as I express my jubilance over what the Patriots and most especially Tom Brady
colleenag
11/20/17 10:30 AM
xx * Colleen....cutest picture ever!......
wyndycty
11/21/17 05:12 AM
xx * Awww, what a cutie pie! She looks to be about 4...the best age ever! NT
colleenag
11/21/17 05:39 AM
xx * Ben Jr 5, Baylee 3.5, Bodie 18mos -:) I love her expression, lol NT
wyndycty
11/21/17 06:15 AM
xx * Nice handwriting. I will say no more :) NT
FurlessBat
11/20/17 07:46 PM
xx * Yeah!! GO Colleen!! happy for ya! NT
Axelsen
11/20/17 06:50 PM
xx * Colleen, I applaud your excitement....that's exactly how everyone should feel about their team. It took my team 26yrs in between...
wyndycty
11/20/17 02:38 PM
xx * Thanks Wyndy. I suppose to talk of the "lows" during the SB losses and the years spent being frustrated by QB like Grogan and Bledsoe
colleenag
11/20/17 06:30 PM
xx * I'll just add one comment on the topic... enjoy the winning while you have superstar QBs because once they retire, it goes south fast.
JAF
11/20/17 03:36 PM
xx * I tend to agree.... Look around the league, everyone is always looking for the next great QB. GB is hurting w/o Aaron Rodgers....
wyndycty
11/20/17 04:11 PM
xx * Not so sure about Watson and Prescott for the long term, but Wentz looks like he could be a superstar. Of course, he was also the #2 pick
JAF
11/20/17 04:18 PM
xx * Watson was having a breakout year, Dak did last year...Russel Wilson, Cam Newton, Matty Ice...
wyndycty
11/20/17 04:47 PM
xx * I know, it is crazy - I was a fan of the team back in the day when we were never at the top of the heap. TB and B2 are quite a partnership NT
ccquilter
11/20/17 11:35 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 564
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)