Forums >> Reality Shows >> The Real Housewives

cantgetenough
Joker Super Slick
Reged: 09/17/06
Loc: California
Julianne Wainstein: We Are on Planet Bethenny ~ Jules thinks everything must revolve around Bethenny at all times.
07/14/16 09:17 AM

Since coming into this group, I've often asked myself, "Why is there always yelling and screaming? Why is someone always storming out of the room in tears? Why is someone always being mocked, insulted, judged or left out? WHAT PLANET ARE WE ON?!" And then it hit me like a meteor: We are on planet Bethenny. Unlike on planet Earth where friendships are formed and shaped through mutual support and encouragement, on planet Bethenny (which is circled 24/7 by a moon named Carole) it is acceptable for friends to disparage one another behind their backs, to judge, berate and abandon one another on an almost constant basis.

Unfamiliar with the customs and rituals on planet Bethenny, I lost my temper "out of nowhere" during a recent visit. Back on planet Earth, my outburst might have been precipitated by months of dismissive, snide, insensitive comments and scrutiny of everything from a flick of my hair to the the food on my plate and the homes in which I live (how quickly we forget the just plain nasty Hamptons "visit"! On planet Bethenny, that never happened, I suppose) and months of watching women around me get verbally assaulted. Another thing I quickly discovered during my recent trip to Bethenny was that there is no empathy on this planet, and the popular phrase "zero f---s" literally means "to have zero self-awareness."

Dinner at Joanne's was so painful for me; the complete lack of empathy from Bethenny and Carole really struck a nerve. If someone bore their soul to me like I did, I would have leapt across the table and given them a big hug. Recovery from any illness is hard, and it's rarely a linear path. I thought I was ok. I wasn't ok and I admitted it, was dealing with it and moving forward again -- that's what people do. What people don't do is sit around judging and shaming a person in recovery and projecting their own issues onto them. After admitting my recent setbacks, the all-knowing and morally-superior Carole responds with a sneer of disgust ("Oh Jesus!") and accuses me of being in denial. Bethenny once again makes the entire issue about herself and her own childhood. On planet Earth, gravity is defined as "a natural phenomenon by which all things with energy are brought toward one another." Not so on planet Bethenny, where all things always revolve around and are drawn back to one person. Heaven forbid anyone attempts to pull the attention away from Bethenny.

Continued here: web page

cantgetenough has finally had enough.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Julianne Wainstein: We Are on Planet Bethenny ~ Jules thinks everything must revolve around Bethenny at all times.
cantgetenough
xx * Bethenny had all the bleeding going on and was terrified. You know very well when anything physical happens to us that in the back of our minds is
laci
07/17/16 07:54 PM
xx * Let's see. Bethenny doesn't want to talk to Jules, doesn't want to talk to Sonja, doesn't want LuAnn on trips. By the end of the season, she will
sassyflalassy
07/16/16 05:37 PM
xx * Carol is just hateful, how are you going to say Jules is in denial when she literally just said "I threw up my food 3 days ago"?! And Bethenny, stop
Dexter
07/14/16 01:12 PM
xx * I really don't understand anybody finding Bethenny and Carole entertaining. NT
sassyflalassy
07/16/16 05:21 PM
xx * I've got a soft spot for Carole...I read her book What Remains and it really touched me. But yeah, I'm tired of the Mean Girls stuff with Beth NT
Karina86
07/16/16 06:33 PM
xx * Jules is just upset because she has husband trouble and cannot concentrate. NT
laci
07/14/16 10:06 AM
xx * She nailed it. NT
cantgetenough
xx * It may be Planet Bethanny and Moon Carol but I would not be so trusting with these ladies right off the bat. I would not share my inner soul ever!
chirtygirl74
07/14/16 11:26 AM
xx * I agree with you. You are setting yourself when you go on a reality show that is supposed to be about your life. Jules obviously has issues
cantgetenough
07/14/16 11:38 AM
xx * Agree with you regarding Bethanny. She thinks she is the planet all the others (moons) should revolve around.
agent99
07/16/16 05:57 AM
xx * Jules has more issues than Time Magazine NT
PointBeing
07/15/16 03:15 PM
xx * Jules definitely has problems, but I also think she is the kindest of the RHONY. Generally a good person. NT
agent99
07/16/16 05:59 AM
xx * Agree. Bethenny always picks out a vulnerable person and picks on them. She is a miserable person and wants others to be miserable too. NT
sassyflalassy
07/16/16 05:15 PM
xx * Bethenny likes to go at people but doesn't want others to give it back.Not a fan.Carole I like.Think she can be nice,not vindictive like Bethenny. NT
poorbabi
08/07/16 12:13 PM
xx * I do too, now her husband...!! NT
Jamsie
07/16/16 07:00 AM
xx * Now that's funny NT
robbierob
07/15/16 04:57 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 1961
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)