Forums >> Reality Shows >> The Real Housewives

This is a response to: I live in the desert, rains 15? times a year & I have never seen people more wasteful with water (and electricity), it is flat fee water so waste
agent99
Virtual Realist
Reged: 11/28/09
Loc: East Coast
Don't understand how some people just don't get that not all natural resources are renewable.
09/10/15 07:40 AM

Yes there will always be wasters, those that just don't care, but what really ticks me off are the "elite" that think rules don't apply to them and then will scream the loudest when those resources are no longer there.

You might want to read this article about the utilities industry going after the solar panel industry.

Utilities wage campaign against rooftop solar

"If demand for residential solar continued to soar, traditional utilities could soon face serious problems, from “declining retail sales” and a “loss of customers” to “potential obsolescence,” according to a presentation prepared for the group. “Industry must prepare an action plan to address the challenges,” it said.

The warning, delivered to a private meeting of the utility industry’s main trade association, became a call to arms for electricity providers in nearly every corner of the nation. Three years later, the industry and its fossil-fuel supporters are waging a determined campaign to stop a home-solar insurgency that is rattling the boardrooms of the country’s government-regulated electric monopolies."

Full Article at.....
Washington Post

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just read Adrienne Maloofs tweet above. The dogs won't come in and it's 100 degrees. Picture of the dogs in yard. Beautiful green grass in drought
agent99
09/09/15 01:10 PM
xx * IMO that grass is dry and has brown spots. She is wasteful for sure but IMO not in this case. NT
punkie
09/14/15 01:32 PM
xx * I live in the desert, rains 15? times a year & I have never seen people more wasteful with water (and electricity), it is flat fee water so waste
silverspoons
09/09/15 09:37 PM
xx * Don't understand how some people just don't get that not all natural resources are renewable.
agent99
09/10/15 07:40 AM
xx * Our city says solar is ugly and almost every subdivision banned solar due to the look. It is 106 today, so it is such a waste. NT
silverspoons
09/11/15 01:37 PM
xx * The whole city?? That is unconscionable:( NT
Jamsie
09/11/15 10:56 PM
xx * That's so unforgivable :( NT
Jamsie
09/09/15 05:56 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 996
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)