Forums >> Reality Shows >> The Real Housewives

CatsMommie
Joker Eager Beaver
Reged: 08/07/06
It's that time of year again .. Let's light the world blue
03/28/15 09:23 PM

I always include this here each year not just because we are friends but because it will bring acceptance not only for my son, Jac's son but also so many other families who live with a son, daughter, loved one with Autism!

It's that time of year again. Time for me to ask my friends to LIGHT IT UP BLUE!! World Autism day is April 2nd and April is Autism Awareness month but in our house EVERYDAY is about Autism acceptance. We keep our blue lights in year round and I have had some Pizza guys and Fed ex ask why the blue bulb!!
I come across people daily that have only a vague-Rainman-like understanding of autism. So we light it up blue, as blue as we can make it, and we ask all our friends and neighbors to light it up as well in honor of all of the people living with autism across the world. As a parent, showing up and asking for awareness is important, asking our neighbors and our leaders at every level. We have to keep showing up and keep asking for awareness even when it isn't comfortable. We must continue until we are heard! Someone once told me that we need so much awareness that we get acceptance and that is my goal. I will continue to light it up, and engage everyone I can.I will continue to talk about autism until we have a world that understands that neurology can be different and those differences need to be understood, accepted and supported.
So, please join me and light it up blue this April! Wear blue and start the conversation with people you come in contact with in daily life at the grocery store, the dry cleaners, that pest control guy, the bank tellers, our neighbors, coworkers, college friends. If even one person learns not only awareness but acceptance than you have helped not only my son but so many others like him!!
Remember you can get blue bulbs at home depot and spread the word. Explain why you have a blue light and why its important!!

Autism, is part of my child, it's not everything he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* It's that time of year again .. Let's light the world blue
CatsMommie
03/28/15 09:23 PM
xx * Thanks for the reminder. Got my lights ready. NT
sneakypie
03/29/15 11:21 AM
xx * Blue light to the ready. :) NT
mgbaloo
03/29/15 08:07 AM
xx * Thanks for the important reminder, CatsMommie. NT
sassyflalassy
03/29/15 07:52 AM
xx * My neighbor reminds me every year because she is the first one to put hers in. People ask me too what it's for. NT
L24
03/29/15 06:54 AM
xx * I'm on it. Pulling out my blue light bulbs for your son & family and many more. Best wishes to you! NT
betrma
03/28/15 09:35 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 600
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)