Forums >> Reality Shows >> The Real Housewives

L24
Joker Super Slick
Reged: 07/24/02
'Real Housewives' star Kim Richards faces lawsuit after pit bull allegedly attacked family friend
01/08/15 03:06 PM

Family friend Kay Rozario filed her claim in federal court in Los Angeles saying she was viciously attacked by Richards' dog last March while visiting the longtime cast member of Bravo's 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.'
Reality TV star Kim Richards got tagged with a lawsuit Friday over a blood-soaked attack by her pit bull Kingsley.

Family friend Kay Rozario filed her claim in federal court in Los Angeles saying she was viciously attacked by the dog last March while visiting the longtime cast member of Bravo's "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."

Rozario, 80, said Kingsley lunged at her without provocation as she stood next to Richards' bed.

"Kim was lying on the bed talking, and all of a sudden out of nowhere, the dog starts biting me," Rozario previously told the Daily News.

"I'm trying to pull back, but the dog has hold of me with its teeth. I fall backwards onto floor with blood spurting everywhere. There was blood all over the place," she recalled.

"It was terrifying, just terrifying," she said.

Paramedics rushed to the house and dressed "big gaping wounds" on her hand, arm and back, she said.
"Thank God I was leaning on the bed with both arms in front of me or the dog would have gotten my throat and face," she said.

Photos of the aftermath obtained by The News showed the deep wounds that had to be closed with stitches.

The new lawsuit names Richards along with Evolution Film & Tape, the production company behind the "Real Housewives" series that previously hired a trainer for the dog, as defendants.

Richards and Evolution "together concealed from the public the dangerousness and viciousness of the dog," the lawsuit filed by lawyer Bill Zuhdi claims.

In her filing, Rozario said Richards, 50, tried to prevent a call to 911 and later asked her to keep the incident hush-hush. Paramedics did end up rushing to the house, and Rozario was treated at a local emergency room, though she did agree to keep the attack under wraps thinking Richards planned to get rid of the dog.

"I'm 80 years old, I'm lucky I didn't die in that room," Rozario told The News. "When I fell backward onto the floor, I could have bashed my head in," she said
The dog made headlines last month when it was revealed it bit Richards' niece Alexia Umansky, 18, during a visit to her residence.

Umansky, the daughter of Richards' sister Kyle Richards Umansky, another star on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," needed surgery on her hand, Kyle revealed on Facebook.

Richards — whose other sister is Paris Hilton's mom Kathy Hilton — finally gave Kingsley away after the attack on Alexia and after releasing a tortured statement calling him her "best friend."

Richards said last month that she was "shocked" at Rozario's decision to file a lawsuit.

She said Rozario's version of events were "vehemently not true."

"(Rozario) walked into my bedroom the next morning reaching across Kingsley towards me and Kingsley went after her. She was fully aware that I had a dog before she came to town and saw him upon her arrival," she said.

"It's unfortunate how people can go against decades of friendship when something like this happens," she said, claiming that Rozario previously sold stories for money.

ndillon@nydailynews.com
web page

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 'Real Housewives' star Kim Richards faces lawsuit after pit bull allegedly attacked family friend
L24
xx * My daughter rescues and fosters pit bulls and the minute Kingsley came on screen you could tell it was trouble. Kim was not the alpha or head of
pusssykatt
01/09/15 08:22 AM
xx * I cant imagine that an 80 year old woman that Kim herself said provided "decades of friendshop" was lying low all these years hoping.....
zebe83
01/09/15 07:21 AM
xx * I hope the 80 year old get a nice big settlement! NT
colleenag
01/08/15 03:22 PM
xx * She will, but I worry Kingsly. Because Kim couldn't, or rather refused to handle him properly, I hope he doesn't get put down NT
L24
01/08/15 04:04 PM
xx * I believe he has a new home now. NT
sassyflalassy
01/08/15 04:10 PM
xx * Good!! She just would not listen to the trainer and look what happened. I blame all that on her, not Kingsley NT
L24
01/08/15 04:11 PM
xx * Kim Richards Sued; Her Dog Kingsley Has Attacked 5 People Including A Family Friend!
L24
xx * LOL thanks for the link to this article my fav line >OK, Rambles – time to do the right thing. Re-home that dog! NT
Mazita
01/09/15 07:49 AM
xx * LOL @ Rambles NT
colleenag
01/09/15 07:59 AM
xx * LOL for sure perfect name for Kim! NT
Mazita
01/09/15 10:06 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 662
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)