Forums >> Survivor >> Survivor Discussion

This is a response to: There are so many possibilities as to what happened with all that that it's just guesswork until we hear more. I have a hard time buying that
SpaceEVA
Joker Eager Beaver
Reged: 08/26/12
If Sarah gave it to her moments before Tribal not giving her a chance to read it that does present certain possibilities.
05/18/17 03:59 PM

I just have a hard time believing Cirie would be doing all of this work beforehand not even being sure if she was going to have the advantage or without understanding it. That whole scene of trying to trick Tai and setting Tai up, and speaking with Michaela about how she was going to use the advantage and breaking down her plan made it seem like Cirie was certain of what was happening.

Would she really be doing all of this without even seeing the advantage or being sure what was going to happen going into Tribal?

The editing and narrative from my viewpoint seemed to focus a lot more on Cirie overplaying and planning than it did on Sarah. Wouldn't they include a confessional of Sarah explaining her plan or intention if that were the case as that would be vital to the narrative of that case playing out and giving her credit.

My take on it was that Cirie simply got in her own way, overplayed it a lot and perhaps didn't even take the time to fully understand the advantage and just assumed certain things about it. Maybe she glanced over it and didn't even check the "fine print" as it were.

Also, there's to consider Cirie wasn't attempting to go directly against Sarah she was overplaying to get Tai out and couldn't convince Sarah and so tried to take matters into her own hands for "the greater good" from her viewpoint in believing Tai to be the biggest threat and so what exactly and ultimately did Sarah's plan if it was that prove.

...but i guess there is a possibility it was Sarah's intentional and plan all along. If that were the case i find it quite surprising the editing didn't make that more clear though.

Edited (05/18/17 04:13 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* That's called thinking outside the box. Sarah is genius. Instead of just using her huge advantage to make a big move, she uses the fine print to
trifecta
05/18/17 09:55 AM
xx * While Sarah has had a good season i think she's given too much credit here.
SpaceEVA
05/18/17 03:35 PM
xx * No, seems to me you're going out of your way not to give Sarah deserved credit. Wasn't the plan that if Cirie could prove that Sarah was wrong about
trifecta
05/18/17 05:11 PM
xx * I'm not going out of my way to take credit from Sarah, i gave her credit for having a good season so far and said i was impressed by other things
SpaceEVA
05/18/17 05:24 PM
xx * No, Cirie decided to use the advantage later, after she had talked to Sarah. I don't recall Sarah ever telling her to use it. NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 05:21 PM
xx * No way could Sarah predict that Cirie didn't know what "non-transferable" means. NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 03:39 PM
xx * There are so many possibilities as to what happened with all that that it's just guesswork until we hear more. I have a hard time buying that
JAF
05/18/17 03:48 PM
xx * It seems like Sarah went over the note with Cirie, not mentioning the non-transferable part and then maybe did hand it over at the last minute.
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 04:01 PM
xx * If Sarah gave it to her moments before Tribal not giving her a chance to read it that does present certain possibilities.
SpaceEVA
05/18/17 03:59 PM
xx * Yep. It's a shame this happened on what was effectively a half hour episode. They needed to show us a LOT more. I certainly believe that
JAF
05/18/17 04:28 PM
xx * That announcement moment i felt like Sarah reacted being surprised Cirie even used the advantage and confused what she was doing and perhaps
SpaceEVA
05/18/17 04:46 PM
xx * That was just editing to get the viewer in the mindset that Sarah is being betrayed. They led us to that point with all of the Cirie strategic
trifecta
05/18/17 05:20 PM
xx * On rewatching the scene, I think Sarah was surprised but not upset. Rather she was amused. NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 05:38 PM
xx * Well, if that was the case it's why i dislike having to rely on editing. I'm not entertained by being tricked i want to see what actually happens.
SpaceEVA
05/18/17 05:29 PM
xx * Sarah may have done a confessional that didn't air just to keep the audience in suspense. NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 04:03 PM
xx * I have a feeling that was not Sarah's plan at all...I believe Sarah at the time she gave the advantage to Cerie forgot it was non transferable. NT
RealityCK
05/18/17 03:15 PM
xx * Sarah was questioning why Cirie was believing in Aubry. Sarah gave Cirie the advantage as a way to prove her loyalty to Cirie. NT
Hidef1080
05/18/17 11:08 AM
xx * I was baffled at first why Sarah would even give it to Cirie in the first place. I was like "No!! What are you doing?!?". I had forgotten
JAF
05/18/17 10:57 AM
xx * I think it's obvious why the editing didn't show Sarah revealing the fine print part. It wouldn't have made for as good of TV if most of us weren't
trifecta
05/18/17 11:15 AM
xx * I actually think it would have made for better TV to know whether Sarah was actually testing Cirie, or truly didn't know it was non-transferable
JAF
05/18/17 04:33 PM
xx * Yes I think you're right NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 03:43 PM
xx * In the episode where Sarah found the advantage she read it all out. We knew weeks ago it could not be stolen and that it was nontransferable. NT
Corndogger
05/18/17 01:15 PM
xx * Yes, I realized it was exposed. And ifyou remembered it, and thought it could play this big of part in the game and knew that Sarah was going to take
trifecta
05/18/17 01:27 PM
xx * Sarah reading out the full rules seemed important to me but I never expected to see what happened last night. That was beyond crazy. NT
Corndogger
05/18/17 02:14 PM
xx * Sarah has been showing emotion, like when she told Sierra "I love you, like on a real level" right before she stabbed her in the back. NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 12:11 PM
xx * She even told Sierra that she was her "It" girl. No way Sierra cannot vote for her after that. NT
Corndogger
05/18/17 01:17 PM
xx * IMO she burned another bridge there. People don't take kindly to have their emotions played like that NT
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 03:44 PM
xx * So far everyone but Debbie has mentioned what a great game Sarah is playing when they arrive at Ponderosa. No one has been mad at her which can't be
Corndogger
05/18/17 06:28 PM
xx * But last night IIRC Cirie Aubrey and Michaela realized that Sarah was faking being shocked @ Sierra being voted out. I wonder if Mich will let Sierra
FurnitureAlliance
05/18/17 06:33 PM
xx * She didn't let her know in her Ponderosa clip but she could if they start talking game and Sierra tells her about the LA. Didn't Sierra tell someone
Corndogger
05/18/17 06:39 PM
xx * Well Played By Sarah. I Also Wont Forget That Move! Epic! NT
Axelsen
05/18/17 10:10 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 4502
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)