Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
Jeff Probst on one of his favorite Survivor moments ever
04/27/17 01:18 AM

Jeff Probst on one of his favorite Survivor moments ever

Dalton Ross

Posted on April 27, 2017 at 12:01am EDT

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You’ve been around Cirie for four seasons now. Give us on your on-the-scene take about what went down when she was struggling to get on the platform in the reward challenge, and then what happened after the challenge was over and her tribe’s reaction in helping her to finish up her leg anyway.
JEFF PROBST: Survivor continues to surprise me with its cultural relevance and its ability to inspire. That moment with Cirie is my favorite moment of the season and one of my favorite moments in my entire time on Survivor because of what it represents. Cirie is a very bright woman, great at strategic manipulation, incredibly likable, and from all accounts an amazing mother and wife. But Cirie is not a world class athlete. She was struggling in the water, clinging onto the side of a platform that she simply could not climb onto. As it became apparent that the challenge was going to be won by the other group, the more interesting story became Cirie’s struggle.

It wasn’t about whether or not she could get up on the platform, it was about continuing to fulfill her original promise from 12 years ago — “let me get up off this couch, go play Survivor, and see what I am capable of achieving.” Here we were with another opportunity for Cirie to do just that in front of her tribemates and millions of Survivor fans. But Cirie wasn’t in any position to consider this idea because she was literally clinging to the side of a platform, in the middle of the ocean, exhausted and slipping more by the minute. The easy move was for me to declare the winners of the challenge and call in our safety divers to help Cirie out of the water. But Survivor isn’t about what’s easy. Survivor is about pushing the boundaries and this was simply too strong of an opportunity to let slip past. So I made the decision for Cirie. By turning to her and offering to stay here until she finished, even though it had no bearing on the outcome, Cirie faced a giant decision. Do I give up or push myself? And Cirie didn’t hesitate, she dug in and found another gear. Make no mistake, she was still just as afraid and just as exhausted, but whatever drives Cirie took over and there would be no turning back. Read on here: http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/27/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-cirie-fields/

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Jeff Probst on one of his favorite Survivor moments ever
Dreamer Administrator
04/27/17 01:18 AM
xx * They need a better way to pick captains...Cirie should never have been a captain... Her team in that challenge was always going to loose. NT
RealityCK
04/27/17 11:46 PM
xx * I assume it was just a random draw, which is about as fair as it gets. Certainly sucks for those that she picked though when you get stuck with
JAF
04/28/17 05:36 AM
xx * It was a random draw as far as I know NT
FurnitureAlliance
04/28/17 08:38 PM
xx * They pretty much lost before it was her turn so they really can't blame her for that although they would have lost regardless lol NT
MegsMom316
04/28/17 05:37 AM
xx * Which is surely why she went last. Would have been even more embarrassing had she been early in the rotation, watching one player after another
JAF
04/28/17 06:20 AM
xx * Too bad that she couldn't opt out of the challenge as the coach... and let Michaela go for it!! Jeff made way to big of a deal out of it for sure! NT
Mazita
04/28/17 06:36 AM
xx * Good idea. NT
BlondeMoment
04/28/17 05:10 PM
xx * Before they showed the teams i figured Cirie would be the person sitting out and not picked. NT
RealityCK
04/27/17 11:48 PM
xx * I'd like to know why Cirie didn't pick Michaela to play in that Reward Challenge? Did she think Zeke would do better or was she afraid to pick M? NT
Corndogger
04/28/17 12:36 AM
xx * Really disappointed that Jeff considers that one of his favorite moments in Survivor history. Ugh. I think Block said it first... it was a
JAF
04/27/17 08:10 AM
xx * I disagree. It was a special moment that showed incredible support and compassion in the midst of a tough competition. Jeff called it right. NT
elle2
04/29/17 05:32 PM
xx * This episode didn't have any of those "wow" moments for Jeff to tease us with so I'm guessing he exaggerated this moment to create a teaser. I
trifecta
04/27/17 10:51 AM
xx * Maybe it's because I'm a Cirie fan but I shed a few tears watching her and her team. Although bringing it up a couple of times during the episode,
MegsMom316
04/27/17 08:16 AM
xx * I felt kinda bad for her, and it was nice to see her tribe support her (even though some of that may be strategic). But the
JAF
04/27/17 08:31 AM
xx * The deleted scene video included in the article is worth watching. Zeke's clearly gotten to Andrea based on her crying during that confessional. NT
Corndogger
04/27/17 01:37 AM
xx * Zeke sucks making my Andreagoddess cry NT
BBFanJ
04/27/17 07:05 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 2510
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)