Forums >> Retired Forums >> Law & Order Shows

AprilSky

Joker
Reged: 07/26/13
Loc: TN.USA
Brooke Shields Opens Up About 'SVU' Role and Taking Charge of Her Career
10/12/17 02:27 AM

OCTOBER 11, 2017 7:00pm PT by Kate Stanhope

Jaws dropped Wednesday when Brooke Shields made her Law & Order: SVU debut Wednesday. As the actress and former Calvin Klein model jokes to THR, she had similarly strong reaction to the part at first.

"I've never played a grandmother before and I have to say, I practically punched Mariska [Hargitay] in the face when she said, 'Oh, and by the way, you're playing a grandmother,' the actress and former model recalls with a laugh. "I was like, 'Oh, that's great. That's how you lure me in? You actresses are all alike!'

But it isn't just the fact that the former Calvin Klein model is playing a grandmother on the long-running drama, but who she's playing a grandmother to. Shields kicked off a multi-episode arc in Wednesday's episode as the biological grandmother of Benson's adopted son, Noah. Although Noah's late mother, Ellie, had told Benson her parents were dead, it turns out Ellie's mom Sheila is very much alive. After hiring a private investigator to look into her daughter, Sheila found out about Noah and filed papers to vacate Benson's adoption.

"We want to put Benson through a lot this year," showrunner Michael Chernuchin says. "This heightens the drama rather than just not being able to pick the kid up at school. Here, she might actually lose the kid, and that's a lot of drama."

web page

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Brooke Shields Opens Up About 'SVU' Role and Taking Charge of Her Career
AprilSky
10/12/17 02:27 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 112
Thread Tags: Brooke Shields Opens Up About 'SVU' Role and Taking Charge of Her Career

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)