Forums >> Reality Shows >> American Idol

Dreamer

Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
NBC in Talks to Revive ‘American Idol’ (EXCLUSIVE)
02/16/17 04:01 AM

NBC in Talks to Revive ‘American Idol’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Senior TV Reporter

Daniel Holloway

February 9, 2017 | 09:30AM PT

NBC is in talks with FremantleMedia to resurrect “American Idol,” Variety has learned.

According to sources with knowledge of the discussions, NBC has been pitched a revival of the long-running singing competition by producer Fremantle and is now mulling options for how to integrate the show into its programming slate. One possibility being considered: cutting NBC’s existing singing competition “The Voice” from two cycles a year to one.

Fremantle has been shopping an “Idol” revival in recent weeks, with NBC emerging as the leading candidate to become the new home of the long-running singing-competition series. Sources emphasize that talks are ongoing, and no deal is yet in place.

Representatives for NBC and Fremantle declined to comment.

“American Idol” ran on Fox for 15 seasons beginning in 2002. For eight consecutive seasons, beginning in 2003-04, it was the highest-rated show on television. At its peak in 2006, “American Idol” averaged a 12.4 rating among in the 18-49 demographic and 36.4 million total viewers, according to Nielsen live-plus-same day numbers. Read on here: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/american-idol-nbc-1201982967/

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* NBC in Talks to Revive ‘American Idol’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Dreamer Administrator
02/16/17 04:01 AM
xx * I read that last week too. Interesting, but I think I'd rather it stay retired. It ran it's course and they'll never be able to capture the same
JAF
02/16/17 06:45 AM
xx * ITA NT
MegsMom316
02/22/17 09:50 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 354
Thread Tags: NBC in Talks to Revive ‘American Idol’

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)