Forums >> Soaps >> General Hospital

cantgetenough
Joker Super Slick
Reged: 09/17/06
Loc: California
'General Hospital' Was 'The Dope' In Prison — And Kept Him Out Of Trouble
11/16/17 11:22 AM

Chris Scott spent 13 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit.

Before his time in jail, he led a quiet, domestic life with his two sons and his girlfriend.

Then his life became a nightmare. Scott constantly worried for his safety. He learned to cope in prison, but he knew he had to stay out of trouble, because if his innocence was proved, he wanted to be able to walk free.

As part of Morning Edition's exploration of fandoms, Scott, 47, describes, in his own words, how his passion for daytime dramas helped him walk the straight line.

This has been lightly edited for clarity.

Four things kept me out of trouble: working in the kitchen, going to the gym, reading three books per week and — the most important thing — was the soap opera.

The first time I watched the soap opera in prison, I walked to the day room, and they was watching soap opera. And they was like, "Hey dude, this is the soap opera side of the day room, where people watch soap opera" — and I was like, "oh, this is the side that I need to be on."

I got a crew of men that, in the world of society, was killers. One of them named Baby Shaq, 'cause he was a big guy like Shaquille O'Neal. We had a guy named T-Bone, and we had Slim 50. These were some of the hardest-core fighting guys — but when that soap opera came on, you can hear a pin drop on cotton. It's like all eyes — don't nobody want to blink, because if you feel like if you blink, you gonna miss something.

We gave General Hospital a new name. We didn't call it General Hospital no more. We called it "The Dope" — because it was addictive. We walked down the hallway, they shouting, "Hey — did you see 'The Dope' yesterday?"...

web page

cantgetenough has finally had enough.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 'General Hospital' Was 'The Dope' In Prison — And Kept Him Out Of Trouble
cantgetenough
11/16/17 11:22 AM
xx * I thought you guys would enjoy this cute story. NT
cantgetenough
11/16/17 11:23 AM
xx * That is a great story, thanks for sharing cant. NT
terlu
11/16/17 09:20 PM
xx * lol that is funny :) glad it kept him out of trouble NT
Belle
11/16/17 11:41 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 515
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)