HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> P/X

Ette

Boss Lady
Reged: 07/24/02
Tis that time of year again when we need to discuss respect... or ETTE-iquette, if you will. :)
01/04/07 05:12 PM

Respect, online, is a difficult beast at best. You can't =see= who you're posting to, so you miss vital visual clues that might help you decipher the tone or meaning of someone's posting.

How to show respect online? OK, several routes you can follow.

1) Attempt not to hijack a serious thread started by another user. That user might feel hurt by their thread going astray. It's just as easy to start a new thread and play in that

2) Consider what forum you're posting in, when you start to post. All things aren't appropriate in all forums, and I'm sure you know exactly what I mean I'm not telling you to stay on topic, God ferbid. Just have more of a sense of =what= you're posting, and where you're posting it.

Most everything goes in the PX, as you're well aware. It's 'Wild and Free' and always has been. We =are= going to start moving threads to, say, TAR for TAR posts, to encourage you to post in forums you might not have been aware of. Lord I hate ending a sentence with 'of'. Crap I just did it twice.

Sometimes respect is just getting to know someone better, realizing where their boundaries are. I'd encourage all of us (me included) to try to get to know each other better.

And then again, sometimes respect is a random act of kindness. Reach a hand out to your fellow posters if you see someone down, someone shy who just doesn't seem to be fitting in. We love our newbies here at JU and sometimes they just need a gentle hand extended

All in all, a little respect goes a long way.

I'm a smoker, I'm a toker...

Edited (01/04/07 05:16 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Tis that time of year again when we need to discuss respect... or ETTE-iquette, if you will. :)
Ette Administrator
01/04/07 05:12 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 12394
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2.1

Copyright 2017 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.S1)