Forums >> General Discussion >> Celebrity Buzz

AskMedia
Professional
Reged: 09/05/17
Tonya Harding's Rep Quits Over Request to Fine Journalists for Questions
01/13/18 01:31 AM

Link

"I, Tonya is now 'Goodbye, Tonya!'"

That's how publicist Michael A. Rosenberg kicked off an emotional Facebook post that went up Thursday night announcing that he had parted ways with Tonya Harding over "an impasse today regarding how to treat the press in the future."

Rosenberg, Harding's longtime rep, claims that her "adamant and final position" is that she wanted reporters to be forced to sign an affidavit stating that they would not ask her anything "about the past." If they did not follow said guidelines, they would be slapped with a fine of $25,000, according to his post.

He continued by pointing out that journalism does not work that way, and adding that the choice to move on belonged to him. "Obviously, it doesn't work that way; and therefore I've chosen to terminate our business relationship. I am sad as I write this; but at the same time I'm happy that I had such an adventure with the movie and with re-creating a new positive image for her in the public eye," he wrote. "And I sincerely wish her the best."

The move comes on the heels of what seemed — from the outside — to be a stellar week for the is-she-or-isn't-she-disgraced former Olympian. Harding was the subject of a well-read New York Times profile by Taffy Brodesser-Akner. That piece came out hot on the heels of her appearance at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards, where she shared a table with I, Tonya filmmakers and stars including Margot Robbie and Allison Janney.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Tonya Harding's Rep Quits Over Request to Fine Journalists for Questions
AskMedia
01/13/18 01:31 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 43
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2018 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)