Forums >> International Big Brother >> BB UK

This is a response to: Just saw Friday is a double eviction. Figured there would have to be since it ends the 25th. Is it just me or does it seem like this season is
bbdude
Poster Emeritus
Reged: 07/08/03
It is shorter than expected...
08/16/17 10:04 AM

I sort of keep track. Last year's summer BB was only 50 days, which was the shortest in history. This year, it was just a few days longer than that. The winter CBB was something like 35 days, but the summer CBB is usually about a week shorter. So this one was expected to last until about the end of August, and it is ending a week earlier than that.

One can only speculate, but the ratings of summer BB were quite low and I don't think this CBB is doing very well. I'm a longtime fan of all these shows, but formats do get stale over time. I compare this to US Survivor. They have made a real effort season to season to do new things- some work, come don't, but they are always trying something new.

At the end of the day, all these reality shows are mostly about casting. And this is where Survivor excels and BB UK seems to struggle. This summer BB was one of my least favorite, but because of only one person I liked, Isabelle, the ending felt satisfying and redeemed the whole season for me. They need a lot more people that viewers like.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just saw Friday is a double eviction. Figured there would have to be since it ends the 25th. Is it just me or does it seem like this season is
BBloverstarr
08/15/17 02:54 PM
xx * It is shorter than expected...
bbdude
08/16/17 10:04 AM
xx * Agreed on the casting, these 2 summer groups have been absolutely terrible casts. And I still think both shows are too short nowadays NT
justin_2pac
08/16/17 11:45 AM
xx * It does feel rushed. Regular BB was actually shorter than usual but because it lacked the usual drama, it felt slow. I think BB and CBB ...
pigpen
08/15/17 04:51 PM
xx * I'm with both of you & was going to start a topic very similar to this
justin_2pac
08/15/17 09:05 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 333
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)