Forums >> International Big Brother >> BB UK

This is a response to: CBB winner Jim Davidson will sit down for a tell-all interview with Emma Willis in a one-off Channel 5 show.
bbdude
Poster Emeritus
Reged: 07/08/03
It was not a tell-all interview, more of a recap of his career..
02/14/14 04:19 PM

and it was interesting on that level. I live in the US and back in the 70s and 80s there was no Internet. Consequently I never saw or heard of any of the shows that made him a popular TV personality. So it was interesting to see clips from The Jim Davidson Show, to see the 2 sitcoms and the game show.
I guess he was a pretty big star, though that stardom never broke through into the US. It also showed why he's been accused of racism and sexism- he did a black character named Chalky White- and made fun of him. Maybe it was the era that was different, but it definitely would not fly today. There were no deep insights, and no tell-all interview, but it was educational for someone like me who did not know his history.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* CBB winner Jim Davidson will sit down for a tell-all interview with Emma Willis in a one-off Channel 5 show.
JCash2
01/31/14 06:32 PM
xx * Jim is a dinosaur--still trying to peddle his 80's shock comedy. Other comics of his generation moved on, like Eddie Murphy. Jim's still stuck. NT
Eshen33
02/17/14 05:40 PM
xx * It was not a tell-all interview, more of a recap of his career..
bbdude
02/14/14 04:19 PM
xx * I didn't even bother watching it. First 5 mins were just a biography, and I couldn't care less about his biography. NT
Veruta
02/14/14 07:04 PM
xx * Also, no Emma.. NT
MoonDesire
02/14/14 07:03 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 500
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)