Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
“The X-Files” ~ The Cigarette Smoking Man rises out of the ashes
01/27/16 12:12 AM

The Cigarette Smoking Man rises out of the ashes

Jan. 25, 2016
|Updated 3:03 p.m.

When we last saw the Cigarette Smoking Man, in “The X-Files” series finale in 2002, he was living as a guru in an old Anasazi settlement in New Mexico. Or at least he was, until a couple of black helicopters blew it and him to smithereens, seemingly ending his run as the story’s nefarious conspirator and prime concealer of whatever truths may, in fact, be out there.

“I died at the end of Season 9, so what could they do?” William B. Davis, the actor who plays him, said recently. “I didn’t have a whole lot of hope” of returning.

But there he was in the final moments of Sunday’s premiere of the new “X-Files” miniseries, comfortably ensconced in an undisclosed location, smoking through his tracheotomy hole. He looked battered, but remarkably well for a man whose face viewers saw incinerated by a missile 14 years ago. He will appear in two of the remaining five new episodes, and any insights about what he’s been up to, or how he is still with us, will have to wait until then. “There are some relationships that have developed that viewers might find surprising” is all Davis will say. More here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/smoking-701329-files-don.html

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* “The X-Files” ~ The Cigarette Smoking Man rises out of the ashes
Dreamer Administrator
01/27/16 12:12 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 294
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)