Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: Nobody I know, but I guess we're all out of touch. We use the internet, and social media, and texting, but not as the main means of communication with each other. My young family members will text,
Sizzle
Joker
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: ATL, GA
You are correct eieio, my kids go from 34 to 46 and all they do is be on their phones,,,,
07/21/18 01:46 PM

I have 3 granddaughters, 16, 11 and 9 and all they do is use their tablets and phones.

Try calling someone in their 30s and they don't pick up, but text them and they answer immediately..

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I feel so old watching these people. In our 20's we partied and had fun, but we were a lot more emotionally and socially stable than most BB HGs. Maybe it's because they don't interact face to face
eieio
07/20/18 03:38 PM
xx * That’s an out of touch way of thinking.
Jackiehart
07/21/18 11:29 AM
xx * Nobody I know, but I guess we're all out of touch. We use the internet, and social media, and texting, but not as the main means of communication with each other. My young family members will text,
eieio
07/21/18 12:37 PM
xx * You are correct eieio, my kids go from 34 to 46 and all they do is be on their phones,,,,
Sizzle
07/21/18 01:46 PM
xx * I can identify, Sizzle! We've lived long enough to see societal interaction changing before our very eyes! Hell-I've found myself wedded to the phone. Times they are a-changin' & not for the best! NT
BBenthusiast
07/22/18 06:07 PM
xx * It's easier to write back a quick line than spend 30 minutes on a phone call that could've been answered in a three-second text. That's why I prefer text. NT
moeopoly *
07/21/18 03:07 PM
xx * Well just about every year there are quite a few emotional people in the house. I mean what do you expect when you put 16 strangers in a house with practically no contact from the outside world. NT
JayPoppa
07/21/18 12:54 AM
xx * And it's clear that they intentionally pick a lot of players that are emotional, quirky, and fit stereotypes. And the various check boxes they want covered. NT
JAF
07/21/18 11:39 AM
xx * Maybe that's what it is. I know they want drama. That's way the DR is so much more scripted now than it was in the beginning. I also prefer the old days of BB. NT
eieio
07/21/18 12:44 PM
xx * Same here. In the early seasons, they used to cast more "boring" players that were just regular people like those of us watching at home. The game felt more real then, and less manufactured.
JAF
07/21/18 01:16 PM
xx * I so agree about prior to and after Season 6. That season was so popular they decided to keep trying to recreate it, or at least the dynamics. NT
eieio
07/21/18 02:07 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 656
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)