Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: "Summer of Temptation" was not
Mikentosh
Virtual Realist
Reged: 08/11/04
Loc: On the road to find out
Temptation SHOULD Involve Risk
09/11/17 05:21 PM

There wasn’t any element of risk vs. reward to the one who took the temptation. What if the $25K involved a threat that if you were evicted first the HoH gets the money? Would as many people have risked it? This is akin to the bounty on your head and it may need to be three weeks and not one.

What would you need to risk for three weeks of safety? It would need to be bigger. The money example you’re not losing anything that you came in with so it’s fairly benign. What if you risked the forced nom Ramses had? What if you didn’t get to choose when that happened? Is the three weeks too small a prize for this risk?

What if taking the initial money meant you leave the house and go home?

The Ring Of Replacement was fine, but there needed to be a downside. Same with the Halting Hex. What would you give up to have those powers? That in and of itself is a great question — do the HGs bid and the one who bids the most wins. In the past they’ve done things like that with shaving or dying heads and in another case season-long slop bids. Where is that fight and devotion?

Money temptations, lesser amounts, that if you take them, you get a secret vote if you get put on the block. One week or more is open to discussion and this potentially becomes more important late in the season. I just realized there needs to be some ‘known’ downside.

"There must be some way out of here..." -- Bob Dylan

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* "Summer of Temptation" was not
beachbum7
09/11/17 04:31 PM
xx * I Agree - Summer of Temptation was Tame
zoneoutcards
09/12/17 01:08 PM
xx * Temptation SHOULD Involve Risk
Mikentosh
09/11/17 05:21 PM
xx * I woul have taken the 25 K and gladly gone home... NT
Sizzle
09/13/17 01:04 PM
xx * You're right, there should have been better temptations with larger risks
beachbum7
09/12/17 12:32 PM
xx * I hate to use the P word, but he was a know-nothing newbie last season, and learned on the job.
Mikentosh
09/12/17 01:30 PM
xx * So accurate. Last season I pitied him, this season I am in awe of him. I wish he could have owned his game more, especially in GB speech to Jason. NT
bb4peeker
09/13/17 06:22 AM
xx * Agree Mike. I remember week 2 last season he did not know how Veto worked. He did learn on the run. NT
Papacrispin
09/12/17 06:02 PM
xx * Perfect portrait of the inevitable BB19 winner...It has been quite the ride for better or for worse. NT
BBenthusiast
09/12/17 03:50 PM
xx * I see him F2 again due to poor jury management. I can respect a knife in the chest more than one in the back. NT
bb4peeker
09/13/17 06:24 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 1033
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2.1

Copyright 2017 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)