HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB In-Depth

beachbum7
enthusiast
Reged: 08/05/16
"Summer of Temptation" was not
09/11/17 04:31 PM

I want to take a minute away from the constant contestant bashing to discuss the other big fail this year, the theme. This was supposed to be "The Summer of Temptation", but it was more like "The Summer of Lukewarm Offers". I was hoping CBS would have loosened the purse strings just a little bit this season and actually make decent temptations that could have changed the course of the game. Instead we got an instant $25K burst, then pretty much shallow offers since then. We all saw how The Tree of Temptation went. As we've seen, these guests seem to have few motivations, cash & prizes and fame-whoring adventures. I was kind of expecting there to be something new each week offered to the guests to tempt them, things like $5,000 or you get a guest appearance on some CBS show, but you get automatically have-notted or can't compete in POV or next HOH, with increasing values each week with harsher penalties. I mean at this point in the game, they should be offering the first taker $25-50K or a new car (a nice one, not some eco-crapbox) but you are the evictee.

I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much. Something that could have changed the snoozefest this season. CBS makes a butt-load of money on this show and it would be nice if they actually did something big.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* "Summer of Temptation" was not
beachbum7
09/11/17 04:31 PM
xx * I Agree - Summer of Temptation was Tame
zoneoutcards
09/12/17 01:08 PM
xx * Temptation SHOULD Involve Risk
Mikentosh
09/11/17 05:21 PM
xx * I woul have taken the 25 K and gladly gone home... NT
Sizzle
09/13/17 01:04 PM
xx * You're right, there should have been better temptations with larger risks
beachbum7
09/12/17 12:32 PM
xx * I hate to use the P word, but he was a know-nothing newbie last season, and learned on the job.
Mikentosh
09/12/17 01:30 PM
xx * So accurate. Last season I pitied him, this season I am in awe of him. I wish he could have owned his game more, especially in GB speech to Jason. NT
bb4peeker
09/13/17 06:22 AM
xx * Agree Mike. I remember week 2 last season he did not know how Veto worked. He did learn on the run. NT
Papacrispin
09/12/17 06:02 PM
xx * Perfect portrait of the inevitable BB19 winner...It has been quite the ride for better or for worse. NT
BBenthusiast
09/12/17 03:50 PM
xx * I see him F2 again due to poor jury management. I can respect a knife in the chest more than one in the back. NT
bb4peeker
09/13/17 06:24 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 890
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2.1

Copyright 2017 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv2)