Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: How/Why the air went out of my BB19 balloon...
Mikentosh
Professional
Reged: 08/11/04
Loc: On the road to find out
Failed Expectations or Fait Acompli?
08/20/17 04:26 PM

We journeymen look at the interviews each early summer and speculate about a HG’s chances in the game the upcoming season. We had at least 3 “superfans” — at least self-professed superfans. The question is did we get even one?

Alex, in the interviews, was super-geeky and verbose about her expertise. Ramses as well. The difference is Alex turned, at least for a while, into a comp and game machine, while Ramses seemed there to get recipes. My read is not ever seeing any game-smarts from Ramses. Alex began as a single and quickly adapted to the pack to survive. That’s where it gets fuzzy as to how much and to whom she is loyal.

Christmas, the expected female comp threat. She is a huge unknown because of the injury and has morphed to a follower with some minor stirring (your experience of the degree of stirring may differ).

Jessica ‘I know this game so well because I watched with my dad’ — was she watching the TV or admiring her reflection? I saw NO, ZERO, NADA, ZIP game smarts from her. Do we blame Cody? She made the choice to be tied (so effin’ close) to him. It wasn’t forced on her by a power or temptation.

Cody, the one man disaster team was distracted. I wish the guy who left on DE night was the one playing in the house. I kinda liked that guy.

Jason came to play. He just didn’t know what the game was or how to play. And he plays rough (I’m not blaming him for Christmas’s injury, she jumped on him to horse around), but not necessarily strategically or at all well.

Dominique, Jillian, Megan are HUGE unknowns. I guess we know most about Dom’s game, but it was bad. She was good at what she was doing, it was just not good for THIS game.

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. What am I to think? I think you know more than you let on. I think you’re full of ***** being a stay-at-home dad who never cooks. Really? My dream of you unfurling your wisdom at F2 looks like a pipe-dream now. You screwed the pooch, my friend.

How could I nearly forget Mark? Sulk sad. Sulk cry. Sulk ask for another chance. Josh can be a real pain in the ass, but you crossed a line throwing that in his face. Pickle juice is vinegar, which is an acid. I know it wasn’t in his eye, because Josh’s reaction would be very different if that happened, trust me.

Elena only came for exposure. You got pleny, Princess.

So I’ve rambled. Let me get to the point. There were many I (we?) hoped would and could stand up to Paul. I just realized I forgot the 1st superfan and 1st evictee, what’s his name. That proves my point. Is it (was it) Paul’s dominance or the others’ failure to launch? There is still time to cut Paul, but it seems everyone is making their own plan and no one will vote the same way. Again I ask, is that Paul’s influence or their bad play? Does Matt only want to eat the most cereal? Does Raven only want to be remembered as a bigger whiner than Wamber? Are they just there for the jury stipend? And/or exposure?

Who’s to bless and who’s to blame? I’m pretty sure we’ll never get a consensus on that one. Will Paul, if he wins, be thought of in the upper echelon of Big Brother players? Half of us think Dan lost S14 to a bitter jury and others saw Ian realize Dan blew it and pour it on at F2. Some of us belittle Steve’s win in S17 and others realize that Steve was close and Vanessa underestimated or forgot he was there. Critical mistake. To that end there are some who blame Cody for bringing Derrick (S16) and losing $450,000.

This season isn’t like any of those. Paul has worked hard for this win. Many believe it was handed to him. I suggest they watch and listen to the HGs after the PoV last night (the slip-and-slide fill the jug one). They all see that at home and think it can’t be that hard. They don’t see the incline. Maybe we all look and it looks simple to us too. Maybe those “superfans” are confused by that TV viewing distortion.

Maybe I just typed a lot of words that some of you think make no sense. Elena spent a great deal of time explaining perception versus reality to Mark and us. Too bad she didn’t heed her own advice, isn’t it?

“Clowns to the left of me, Jokers’ to the right, here I am, stuck in the riddle with you.”

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* *swings by In-Depth to see if adults are still debating whether BBUS is rigged or not*
tv_savage
08/16/17 03:05 PM
xx * How/Why the air went out of my BB19 balloon...
BBenthusiast
08/20/17 03:15 PM
xx * Excellent post! I was a BB Boogie Season 7 fan. I think his F2 speech won him the game, as Dan's season 14 F2 speech cost him the win. NT
bb4peeker
08/24/17 05:02 AM
xx * What BBenthusiast said....
Sizzle
08/22/17 02:00 PM
xx * Excellent post! NT
Shar
08/22/17 10:12 AM
xx * Thank you for this post. I'm standing right with you. NT
Grammy
08/22/17 09:39 AM
xx * Failed Expectations or Fait Acompli?
Mikentosh
08/20/17 04:26 PM
xx * Good assessment. One thing about Paul, although he made the season dull for BB fans, he has the entire house at his beck and call. He
ShrewLou
08/27/17 09:47 PM
xx * What a great post! Short answer is 'failed expectations'. NT
bb4peeker
08/24/17 06:35 PM
xx * Terrific post, Mike. Like him or not, Paul has worked just as hard as he did last season. I'd give him the win all day long, just as I would have
BigGirlPanties
08/24/17 02:47 PM
xx * should he win yea i guess so am i rooting for him to win HECK NO NT
Belle
08/24/17 02:48 PM
xx * Who'd you like to see win? NT
BigGirlPanties
08/24/17 03:39 PM
xx * Great question... I honestly could care less this season... NT
Sizzle
08/24/17 03:48 PM
xx * The first 4 weeks WERE handed to Paul-he couldn't be evicted.How hard is it to build alliances when you have a month of safety? Check the BB record NT
marmad
08/24/17 02:24 AM
xx * "The first ... is the Pendant of Protection...it will shield the houseguest from the next three evictions." NT
bb4peeker
08/25/17 03:25 AM
xx * Yes, 3 weeks of protection-from-nomination means a bit less than 4 weeks of safety. Yet it doesn't change my point. NT
marmad
08/25/17 07:30 AM
xx * Still with the math difficulty-- Paul was safe for 3 weeks NT
Mikentosh
08/24/17 08:57 AM
xx * Funny! This from someone that doesn't understand debating: 3 weeks of protection=4 weeks from when he won the hex to the first time he could be nom'ed
marmad
08/25/17 07:27 AM
xx * You are worng on so many counts. When you begin with a flawyed theory your math has to be flawed.
Mikentosh
08/25/17 08:08 AM
xx * Another straw man-21, 25 or 28 days makes no diff.to the arg. Look up the term-you need to learn about logical fallacies because your arguing is weak.
marmad
08/25/17 08:23 AM
xx * You are adding in to the time he was given safety, the days between evictions,
frustratedposter
08/27/17 07:09 AM
xx * Yes, I've checked the dates & it was 22 days (not 28) But again, 6 days less makes little difference to the early advantage given to Paul IMO
marmad
08/28/17 01:40 PM
xx * Now lets hope marmad reads your post and can understand the math. NT
Sizzle
08/27/17 03:05 PM
xx * I'd @tag, but that doesn't help here NT
frustratedposter
08/27/17 06:58 PM
xx * GREAT post, M'Tosh!!! I'll be watching more at the end of this season! NT
BBenthusiast
08/20/17 08:07 PM
xx * You inspired me. NT
Mikentosh
08/20/17 08:23 PM
xx * I see you use the term 'adults' loosely. NT
bb4peeker
08/19/17 11:07 AM
xx * I completely agree NT
BB17ohno
08/19/17 10:45 AM
xx * The rigging and scripting has been going on for years. All HGs DRs are scripted, some just less obvious than others. It gives fans something to
Elle511
08/18/17 04:14 AM
xx * I don't know or, at this point care, about rigging. But CBS has produced, for me, the most distasteful and BORING BB ever. NT
Grammy
08/20/17 07:38 PM
xx * Exactly! NT
bb4peeker
08/18/17 03:26 PM
xx * It started to become obvious that producers were changing the way that they did DRs around BB7 / BB8. No outrage from me - just giving my 2 cents! NT
tv_savage
08/18/17 09:27 AM
xx * Maybe they saw how popular Will's and Boogie's season 7 DRs were with fans. NT
bb4peeker
08/20/17 04:01 AM
xx * agree, no I wasn't taking your post as outrage. just a general thought to the thread. NT
Elle511
08/19/17 05:26 AM
xx * Agree 100% NT
JustMyOpinion
08/17/17 08:26 PM
xx * I had two otherwise very intelligent 20-somethings argue with me that The Hills was real until the finale showed it was scripted/fake. Sign of the
eieio
08/17/17 12:45 PM
xx * Totally rigged for Paul by recruiting his fans. If I were playing with Rachel jokers would hate me for being her lapdog lol NT
Bessie
08/17/17 10:30 AM
xx * Even if there is not a specific intention behind productions bringing back of ONe Vet.....
JewelDesigner
08/16/17 10:01 PM
xx * cody favorite player is ED? ugh he is dead to me now NT
Belle
08/17/17 01:56 PM
xx * In complete agreement here. Lovely, thoughtful and true post. We should never try to state what we'd do in another's shoes. NT
BigGirlPanties
08/17/17 01:55 PM
xx * Paul was definitely helped by BB. He had a huge advantage with that 3 week safety. Because BB knew that if they didn't give it to him then he would be
JayPoppa
08/16/17 09:30 PM
xx * totally agree! I think a lot of BB fans are disappointed in this season. Julie Chen admitted she did not want to do another season but
Laurengirl
08/17/17 10:20 AM
xx * Where is a link to that statement by Julie? NT
bb4peeker
08/17/17 03:42 PM
xx * You write that without the Pendant Paul would’ve been gone Wk 1. I disagree
Mikentosh
08/17/17 10:14 AM
xx * Thank you, thank you, well said. NT
starrynite
08/17/17 07:47 PM
xx * Couldn't have said it better, or even as well! Agree 100%. NT
bb4peeker
08/17/17 03:45 PM
xx * Just calling it like I see it, Mike! Like I said, show still has redeeming parts- game interference is not one of them :) NT
tv_savage
08/17/17 10:25 AM
xx * Spot on. I am having trouble figuring out if the posters that argue against this claim are naive or just can't come to grips and admit to themselves
trifecta
08/16/17 06:44 PM
xx * Never a good plan to question the intelligence of people you don’t know. NT
Mikentosh
08/17/17 10:17 AM
xx * I think that the posters just can't come to grips that their favorite game is tainted. Although some might be seriously naive. lol. NT
JayPoppa
08/16/17 09:33 PM
xx * Maybe we just choose to see the game as it is & not be upset because we don't like the HG that uses the advantage given him instead of wasting it...
starrynite
08/17/17 08:03 PM
xx * Can't speak for the others, but I myself don't get emotionally attached to any of the houseguests and really don't root for them to either stay or
trifecta
08/17/17 11:06 PM
xx * Hear, hear! NT
mulmanster
08/20/17 03:42 AM
xx * You are correct. It is the slanting towards helping the "stars" that we don't like. They have always done it but this season is just too obvious. NT
JustMyOpinion
08/18/17 06:52 AM
xx * Agree 100%
sympatica
08/16/17 04:40 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 9229
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)