HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB In-Depth

peralph
Mostly lurking
Reged: 07/15/17
I hate backdoors. Here's my plan to get rid of them. (Backdoor them?)
07/16/17 07:16 PM

I hate backdoors because they seem a little cowardly. Yes, they are strategic, but IMO it makes the Veto comp almost meaningless. (They are still fun to watch, but meaningless.)

So, here's my plan to a make a "no-backdoor" twist.

1. The HoH has to make 3 nominees, not 2.
2. The person who wins the veto *must* take someone down, even if it's the HoH. No replacement, no backdoor.
3. Optional 'cause I can't decide if it's a good idea or not: The Right of Refusal. If you don't want to play in a veto (e.g. they don't want to choose which person to pull off the block) then you don't have to.

To me, this gives the HoH more power, the holder of the veto more power (and more responsibility), and increases the suspense. Case in point: if it wasn't for Ramses placing himself on the block, all suspense about Cody going home dies when Cody doesn't get picked for the comp.

Apologies if this plan has already done in a season. (If it has, please let me know which one.)

What do you think?

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I hate backdoors. Here's my plan to get rid of them. (Backdoor them?)
peralph
07/16/17 07:16 PM
xx * Backdoors are fine. Don't want to be backdoor? Get a better social game. A chance to play in PoV is enough.
Jayhawker
07/18/17 01:49 PM
xx * "BB...fixed it so that everyone always has a chance to play" Not true! The real meaning of 'Back Door' is no POV chance! NT
bb4peeker
07/20/17 04:04 AM
xx * I think all house guests should compete in POV comps. Probably costs more though. Cheap BB. NT
AuntieDee
07/17/17 07:23 AM
xx * They did that in S3 and S4, with S3 being Silver (and was used once) but it didn't get used a lot in S4 when it was Golden, I think just twice
Majuro
07/17/17 08:56 PM
xx * Wlecome to the board peralph! I love the concept as I think it would also prevent people from throwing as many comps, but I agree with the other post,
Majuro
07/16/17 08:13 PM
xx * Thanks! Second idea. Instead of the HoH pulling out the third name/sixth player, the sixth player would be the winner of a "wild card" comp. NT
peralph
07/16/17 10:43 PM
xx * well that sounds fun, and if CBS wanted to save money they could use "best of BB" comps from yesteryear. NT
Majuro
07/17/17 08:58 PM
xx * Already too much dead time during a typical week. This would just create less suspense and more fait accompli w noms NT
arbo
07/16/17 07:26 PM
xx * Ugh. I could try to argue with your second sentence, but I definitely can't argue with the first.
peralph
07/16/17 08:07 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 1053
Thread Tags: backdoor

Contact Us | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2.1

Copyright 2017 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv2)