Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

BBenthusiast
Carpal Tunnel
Reged: 09/10/06
Just Binge-watched Episodes 1-4 plus tonight's! My thoughts so far...
07/06/17 10:29 PM

Just got caught up on the season and am now hooked!
My thoughts so far:

1. Alex FTW!!! In the immortal words of Lou Grant on the MTM show, "She's got spunk" (but I don't hate spunk -- I find her mighty appealing!)

2. I know we're not supposed to mention politics on this forum, but it sure is blessedly refreshing not to have to get bogged down in today's news and goings on. Having BB return is like visiting an old, reassuring friend -- granted, flawed and annoying and sometimes infuriating -- but after following for 18+ seasons, comforting and so appealingly innocent with its social experiment views.

3. NOW -- I may have missed something on Megan. She was my favorite based on the Big Jeff interviews -- I iiked her laugh, her hair color, her background story -- can't figure how she became everybody's "whipping girl" so quickly -- being yelled at by just everyone. If someone can enlighten me about what happened there, I'd appreciate that!

4. Apropos of Megan -- how come Big Cry Baby Josh escaped unscathed after his sort of erratic behavior/sort of drama queen persona early on? I thought that was putting a target on HIS back -- not Megan's.

5. I LOVE the feel of the production this year -- the early competitions have some pretty great production values in the look/colors/design so far.

6. Did I say Alex FTW? What a great HG!

7. Oh man, I didn't see Paul's charm during his season, and was so glad Nicole won last year -- for me this is the only (but rather big) annoyance I'm finding this year. When he A) returned, B) got that 3 week immunity and C) just won the current HOH so I just found out looking up at the Jokers updates as I'm writing this post, I have not been a happy camper. I sure hope he gets the boot the second his immunity ends. I don't like his bossiness, holier-than-thoughness, ego and beard!

8. I know others have commented on this -- but the moment Cody called Jessica "Alex" in the sack was PRICELESS!!!

9. The social experiment aspects (which have appealed to me since BB1) - seeing how the HGs react under pressure have already resulted in some pretty poignant moments so far: Mark choking up as he refers to the loss of his parents, Cameron's fear and total letdown as he gets the boot so early in the season -- actually so early in the day of the first day of the season, Christmas' determination to get back in the game even with her injuries -- your heart goes out to all the hurt/disappointed people who are supplying our summer's "guilty TV pleasure"!

10. Them that's lying under the radar -- most especially Dominique who is hiding her impressive background -- may eventually become the "Steve" of BB17, the Nicole of BB18 -- by sort of laying low at first -- by trying to blend into the background, realizing so perfectly the marathon-run nature of the game and resulting in them winning the whole magilla! Watch out for Dominique I say!

11. Kevin! Dad!! Nuff said!!!

12. As for those either staying under the radar or at least off the BB show so far -- a potential winning HG can be lying low. Time will tell -- for me they all seem congenial enough at this point.

13. The twisted turn of events for Cody is it's own unique story in the BB annals. How could someone so seemingly calm, cool, calculated and collected have started out SO commanding and powerful, absolutely collapse and burn so quickly? Of course on the surface it's Paul's surprise 3 week safety - but what a way to put all of the HGs off kilter! Beware anything and everything you do! How will the HGs process this turn of events? Beware HGs!!! As they have been saying since BB Time Immemorial -- Expect the Unexpected. You've got proof positive. THIS could be YOU!!!

14. Anyways -- after 19 seasons, almost a third of my life (!!!!!), I welcome back BB! This summer, more than any summer -- it's so great to see you on my TV set!!! You are a summer diversion I am SO relieved to see again -- a reminder (at least in the USA) of simpler times!

Edited (07/06/17 10:44 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just Binge-watched Episodes 1-4 plus tonight's! My thoughts so far...
BBenthusiast
07/06/17 10:29 PM
xx * Great post! Welcome back dear friend! NT
macysmom
07/12/17 08:21 AM
xx * So good to see all of us BB/Jokers veterans returning! Hello to all! Based on what we've seen so far -- I've got a good feeling about this season! NT
BBenthusiast
07/07/17 04:44 PM
xx * Hello, Friend. NT
Mikentosh
07/07/17 02:22 PM
xx * Hello M'tosh! NT
BBenthusiast
07/07/17 04:46 PM
xx * Great Post BBenthusiast.. I agree with 90%.. NT
Sizzle
07/07/17 02:08 PM
xx * Hello, Sizzle! NT
BBenthusiast
07/07/17 04:47 PM
xx * Welcome back! It really looks like a great season shaping up. One of my
bb4peeker *
07/07/17 04:56 AM
xx * And howdy bb4peeker! NT
BBenthusiast
07/07/17 04:48 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 1790
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)