HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB In-Depth

gardenman
Fast learner
Reged: 05/08/09
Does CBS fully exploit the potential of their reality shows?
12/04/16 05:01 AM

CBS has two hit reality shows in "Big Brother" and "Survivor" and I'm pretty sure they could milk a lot more money/exposure from those two shows.

I think it would be possible to team up with a resort in either Las Vegas or Orlando to create a new Big Brother experience where a new Big Brother house would be built along with a competition arena. Guests at the resort could have behind the scenes tours of the house in action during the season/seasons then the house could be made available for guests to stay in during the off-season. I suspect it would be very popular and booked months/years in advance. Fans/resort guests could watch the house guests compete in comps in the competition arena. The restaurant in the resort could even offer various slop creations for those stupid enough to try them.

For "Survivor" there should be a tropical resort someplace that's willing to create a "Survivor" beach or two for the show to film on that they could then let guests stay at to experience "Survivor" experience on the same beach, in the same conditions, but with hotel staff just a phone call away if needed.

There are tons of themed resorts/hotels out there these days that it would seem very easy to find a taker who would be willing to eat the costs to create the facilities in exchange for access to the facilities during the off-seasons.

Product placement is another area where they could probably do more, more so with Big Brother than Survivor. A smart cosmetics manufacturer could supply the BB house with a wall of makeup for the BB women to experiment with and use. Project Runway has a cosmetic sponsor, so why not BB? They could even use a food sponsor (like Whole Foods who supplies "Top Chef") to supply them with groceries.

I suspect CBS could milk a lot more money from both franchises than they do now with very little effort on their part.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Does CBS fully exploit the potential of their reality shows?
gardenman
12/04/16 05:01 AM
xx * Excellent and thought provoking post!! Your right there could be so many more things that could evolve given the opportunity NT
macysmom
12/05/16 04:23 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 579
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2.1

Copyright 2017 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)