Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: As a BB fan and a retired educator I have a few points on this issue.
Waverly
Reged: 07/27/14
It's just a game...
11/24/16 10:50 AM

I hear that often when I'm upset about the misogyny on Big Brother, or when I can't join an online poker table without being called a c..t because of my ability to be a female and win, or trying to fend off gender disparaging insults in other gaming/entertainment situations. It is not just a game. In the case of this season's BBOTT, it's a depiction of what women often deal with on a daily basis whether at work, school, online, or even in our own homes. I suppose I can stop watching, but why should I give up a game I love to make way for bad behavior?

Since you're a retired teacher, I'm sure you like the concept of homework so I will give you some. Scroll through the Joker's Updates and find a particularly juicy entry full of nastiness towards the females in the house -- Jason has many long rants, I'm sure you won't have a problem finding one -- then replace each misogynistic statement with a racial slur. At that point, I'm guessing it's going to sound a whole lot different than "just a game." Unless you're a complete racist, I'm also guessing you'll understand better what women are feeling.

Anyway, thanks for the lecture, but no thanks. If you want to put your energies to good use, really listen to your wife's complaints and use your posts to stand up for more strategy and less misogyny.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* The stigma of the Ball Smashers, AKA The Plastics.
heatherglen
11/05/16 07:56 PM
xx * ITA who likes to be judged by someone else's behavior's or actions. I totally have watched the BS be way more kinder then the LNJ have NT
Emijo
11/17/16 10:58 AM
xx * I agree. Some of the comments aimed at the girls or BS. BECAUSE they're pretty. Dani hates cause she wants the attention. Kriss just mean.. NT
Remnant0888
11/06/16 08:59 PM
xx * As a BB fan and a retired educator I have a few points on this issue.
Papacrispin
11/06/16 04:21 PM
xx * It's just a game...
Waverly
11/24/16 10:50 AM
xx * I do agree, this is just a game. I personally have tried to say that I didn't like Dani but was starting to like some of her moves
Emijo
11/18/16 10:40 AM
xx * Apple for the teacher :) even smart people sometimes forget its just a game show in parking lot sound studio NT
BB_Texan
11/17/16 04:25 PM
xx * I don't appreciate the "you're beautiful so you must be evil" stereotype. I happen to be both evil and beautiful, but #notallhotties. NT
Ephandis
11/06/16 03:34 PM
xx * Most of them with bad experiences now ostersized themselves. NT
Thunderclap *
11/05/16 09:47 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 2822
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)