Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: ^ Well, everything was amazing and exciting and interesting until the voting process became clearer and it looks to be another disappointment.
Spygirls
Joker
Reged: 07/02/12
First of all great post as usual, I really enjoy your commentary. Secondly, it touches on a lot of things I've been feeling about BB in general
10/07/16 01:04 AM

The BB viewing audience simply doesn't have the maturity to be given any kind of power, esp any kind of sustained power. I really love the concept of viewer participation on paper, I am not a purist but it really doesn't work that well in practice. Viewer participation has produced a couple of great moments (Coup deEtat and it's fallout) but it seems that there is such a mob mentality in the fandom that goes X=Hero Y=Villain, evict the villain at all cost regardless of how it impacts the storyline and house dynamics in the future.

I am Liberal and I hate the term SJW, but frankly I don't feel bad using it in a negative context towards a subsection of the BB fandom. I hadn't paid attention to the BB fandom on twitter until this summer and am very disappointed. The BB twitter fandom is absolutely toxic, as much as I butt heads with posters here, this place is like an oasis of calmness and reasonable behavior compare to BB Twitter. I don't know what has happened to the fandom, we have gone from the "catlady" era of fandom to whatever this is and honestly I think I prefer the "catlady" era.

More than anything I am just disappointed that such a great cast and interestingly poised house is going to be sent down the drain. Getting a combination of such a great cast and such great house dynamics is rare and it seems Americas' vote will end up making it all a waste.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* No, it wasn't super exciting. Or intriguing. I even dozed off for a couple minutes during it....
frustratedposter
09/30/16 03:32 PM
xx * Yeah! I said it before and i'll say it again it's like falling in love with Big Brother all over again. Agree very much with your last words
SpaceEVA
10/02/16 06:16 AM
xx * ^ Well, everything was amazing and exciting and interesting until the voting process became clearer and it looks to be another disappointment.
SpaceEVA
10/06/16 04:22 PM
xx * First of all great post as usual, I really enjoy your commentary. Secondly, it touches on a lot of things I've been feeling about BB in general
Spygirls *
10/07/16 01:04 AM
xx * Maybe the viewers could vote for America's Favorite Housegest each week from week 1. Then at the end the overall winner gets the cash.
FurnitureAlliance
10/06/16 05:21 PM
xx * Already did that called BB16, BB17 & BB18...we got sleeping, throwing every comp, voting with the House & media moguls pandering to the camera NT
HarleyQ
10/06/16 05:30 PM
xx * No we didn't NT
FurnitureAlliance
10/07/16 01:02 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 1596
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)