Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: You clearly didn’t notice this.
cryingovercovid
old hand
Reged: 07/08/16
Loc: USA
The Good and The Bad
08/13/16 06:09 AM

I know this wasn't the central point of your argument, but I can't help but notice the statement: "Maybe I’m the only one who doesn’t turn a blind eye to things when I don’t like a HouseGuest." I cannot agree more. There is such a tendency to reject what someone has done in the past because we're too busy praising what they've done in the present. Right now, in the eyes of the majority of posters, Bridgette is a sweet, innocent, brave HouseGuest who fell victim to the last stand of the Executives. Those same posters, myself included, were throwing overwhelming amounts of hate at her when she nominated Tiffany per Frank's instructions a month ago. We hated Frank when he slapped Da'Vonne's buttocks, but loved him when he was willing to call out Nicole. It's human nature. We need someone to root for, so we'll let bygones be bygones. It's not a bad quality about us, as posters; it's just sometimes unfair to the HouseGuests being characterized as heroes or villains Every single HouseGuest has done good and bad during their time in the house. Nobody is innocent, and nobody is completely horrible either.

Corey laughed about lighting a goat on fire, posted homophobic tweets, and will willingly evict Nicole, who is 100% loyal to him. The same Corey is the only reason this house was not initially run by Jozea. He gave Nicole the first HoH.

James broke his promise to Bridgette and nominated her and Frank, which led to the latter's eviction. He ignored his second opportunity to play Big Brother and instead played America's Favorite Player. The same James used his ACP to flip the votes and save Michelle.

Michelle outright bullied the minority for weeks. She cried when the house refused to shun Bridgette, and made fun of the people she now calls her allies. However, she also blew up Paulie's game and helped change the direction of this season.

Natalie has been criticized time and time again for being fake and flirting with every single guy. Natalie didn't come to play Big Brother, she came to get the money provided if she makes Jury. She was also the only person brave enough to stand up to Paulie and set Zakiyah straight.

Nicole was No. 1 in Joker's ratings for weeks, and fans adored her takedown of Jozea and the ignorant newbie alliance. Now, Nicole is referred to as Ratcole and a snake for playing for a showmance and being two-faced in the house. She comforted Zakiyah, then laughed about her to Paulie.

Paul backstabbed Victor the second week and volunteered to be a pawn to send his closest ally home. Paul also confronted Frank for no reason other than to make good T.V. However, because of his willingness to flip the house, Paulie could seriously go home this week.

Up until last week, Paulie has been playing the best game. It may not have been covert, but he was a puppetmaster, primarily because the HouseGuests allowed him to be one. That doesn't change the fact that he is misogynistic and chauvinistic. He referred to a HouseGuest as FT for weeks because she refused to play his game.

Victor promised fans that he would target Paulie the second he returned to the house, but instead, he allowed himself to be played by Paulie. We all remember his violence during the first two weeks of the game. It's why he was evicted. Nowadays, he is No. 3 in the rankings and the HOH that took the first shot at one of the most hated HouseGuests in Big Brother history.

These examples are simplifications, and are no representation of everything a HouseGuest has done in the last two months; they're just examples of polar actions. Not everybody is neutral, but nobody is 100% good (Natalie) or 100% bad (Paulie).

My point: Everyone has done right and wrong in the Big Brother house. Some of the wrongs outweigh the rights and vise-versa. You're completely right. It's unfair to ignore the past, especially when characterizing a HouseGuest as a hero. I'm very guilty of this, but going forward, I'm going to try to be better about it.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Is It Just Me?
Mikentosh
08/12/16 01:08 PM
xx * Michelle told Paulie that Zakiyah told her she was just playing him
Majuro
08/12/16 01:47 PM
xx * You clearly didn’t notice this.
Mikentosh
08/12/16 07:11 PM
xx * I don't think Paulie had/has any feelings about Z except to use her. He was ticking off his idea of the BB wining list. Get a posse-check, get rid
TrinaE
08/15/16 08:17 AM
xx * You clearly didn't read my entire post lol.
Majuro
08/13/16 04:05 PM
xx * The Good and The Bad
cryingovercovid
08/13/16 06:09 AM
xx * JakeIsNerd..omg this is..
macysmom
08/13/16 04:20 PM
xx * Very well argued. Good job. This's the 2nd post this morning that I’m having to stop myself from answering with counter points from last night. NT
Mikentosh
08/13/16 11:45 AM
xx * So true. NT
bb4peeker *
08/13/16 08:13 AM
xx * I my friend is in total agreement. Very eloquently explained! Liz NT
macysmom
08/12/16 10:39 PM
xx * Zakiyah played Paulie?
Waverly
08/12/16 06:12 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 2172
Thread Tags: BB18, paulie, Paul

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)