Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

cryingovercovid
old hand
Reged: 07/08/16
Loc: USA
With the DE looming, what needs to be done to keep the power from Paulie?
08/11/16 05:44 PM

As we all know, the house dynamic has drastically changed in the past couple of days. The remnants of the Eight Pac were working hard to send yet another one of their members home. Covered by two alliances, Paulie got too comfortable and too controlling. He began to force his target down other's throats and exposed his plans for Zakiyah. Once the houseguests began to compare notes, there was no going back. Even if Paulie manages to recover, he will never be the covert mastermind he has been the past couple of weeks. Paulie's kingdom might quickly transform into a dictatorship, and it all depends on the double eviction.

In my opinion, the success of tonight's blindside will be based off one thing: Momentum. Everything kept building up. Once the outcasts realized they had power through James' ACP, they were willing to make a game-changing move. After that, when PP was finally broken and Victor and Paul were onboard, this game-changing move wouldn't ruin all of their games. When Natalie and Bridgette finally confronted Paulie, the flip didn't die out. The energy of this new group keeps escalating and it's all leading up to tonight's DE. That's why this power is so important. It will decide whether or not the momentum of this new group evicts Paulie, or whether or not the showmance alliance will now have six sitting ducks to take shots at.

If Paulie, Nicole, or Corey win the 1st HOH, I do believe Natalie, James or Bridgette will be evicted tonight. Out of the three of them, I would want James to go for one reason. If either Natalie or Bridgette is eliminated, the outcasts could blame the house shift on them and nobody will have to own up to their actions. The guys could reconcile, with a different dynamic. I do think Natalie is the most likely to leave out of the three, solely because she burned a lot of bridges last night. She proved once and for all that she is not going to be Paulie's Victoria. If not Natalie, definitely Bridgette -- her Week 3 wins & assosciation with Frank put a target on her back that she might never get rid of.

If one of the six wins the HOH, Nicole will probably go. I don't see Paulie on the block post-veto. If he's directly nominated, he will likely win the veto. If Nicole and Corey are on the block, I don't see either of them getting the veto win and pulling themselves off. Nicole is Public Enemy No. 2, and unlike Public Enemy No. 1, she doesn't have the competition capabilities to escape her situation. Once again, she could easily be blamed for any and all animosity, and the guys could reconcile.

If Paulie is on the block post-veto, he's gone. That is the best-case scenario for the group of six. It is the climax of the storyline that has been escalating for days. When it dies down, there will be a completely new house. The only way to truly ensure the guys don't get back together is to spill male blood tonight. Why am I so sure that the guys could reconcile? At the moment, they are all still staying close to one another, despite an obvious rift after last night. Victor and Paul can easily deny their part in the flip and flock back to Paulie. Even James might be able to get away from the blame, especially if Natalie goes home.

From this quagmire of potential scenarios and the analysis of relationships, I draw the following conclusion: The only way to truly ensure Paulie loses power once and for all is to send a guy home tonight and wreck one of his Final Three deals. Any other scenario leaves the possibility of him getting control over the guys again, and sending this season back in the same direction. This, of course, is just a scenario. The probability of the guys reconciling is low, but so long it's plausible, I will be anxious.

What do you think? Is my analysis completely off? Has Paulie burned every bridge in the house or can he salvage it in time to save his game? How much responsibility will the guys take regarding the Zakiyah blindside? Is the game changed for good or will it go back to what it was?

Sorry for the long rant. I had an hour to kill waiting for DE and I poured my anxiety into my keyboard. Thanks all for reading this long post. Have a great night!

With DE fifteen minutes away now (Forty-five when I started writing), I doubt there will be a lot of speculation because things will have already started.

Edited (08/11/16 06:50 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* With the DE looming, what needs to be done to keep the power from Paulie?
cryingovercovid
08/11/16 05:44 PM
xx * A few things…
Mikentosh
08/11/16 07:36 PM
xx * Excellent post!!
macysmom
08/11/16 06:01 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 634
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)