Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: How should the BB house sexual harassment??
JlynnB
addict
Reged: 07/26/15
It really depends...
07/08/16 09:48 AM

Day is by no means overreacting, what Frank is doing is flat out wrong. You don't treat your friends that way unless they've actually told you BEFOREHAND that it is okay. As for what I'd do if I were Day... it's a tough spot. Unlike Tiff who is an active target in the house with few friends, Day has some allies outside of Frank and she's not really an immediate target. She could try telling Frank to stop, but it's most likely going to result in her moving towards the top of his hit list and without a lot of luck and key comp wins she'd be in a much worse position. By not saying anything, however, she's allowing herself on television and the feeds to be put down and touched inappropriately. Since she has a daughter it's even more painful for her to stay quiet because of the implication that she's okay with his behavior.

While I don't really like the idea of BB telling the hgs that certain things aren't allowed, simply b/c there are times when it wouldn't be an issue (several hgs, male & female, quickly and lightly slapping each other's butts after a sporting style comp would make sense, it fits with the context, random ass slaps do not), I think there have been too many seasons now where the female hgs are forced to endure the harassment or face negative consequences in the house for speaking up and something should change.

My concern comes down to if BB should make a specific rule & enforce it against sexual harassment. Is BB really willing and able to do anything?

Also, how would they label something sexual harassment. While Frank's actions are clearly sexual harassment this season, what about Evil Dick. He made some comments and actions that could be considered sexual harassment but he didn't limit himself to just going after the women, he was an equal opportunity scumbag and it made for an entertaining season. I wouldn't have appreciated it if BB had stepped in and told him to lay off the women (though I guess he could have simply changed his comments but really his offensiveness was what made him.)

I know I'm rambling... I guess I'm just not sure what the right answer is. I don't want BB to make the hgs walk on eggshells or risk punishment but I don't think they should allow certain behaviors to continue.

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* How should the BB house sexual harassment??
macysmom
07/08/16 08:46 AM
xx * I think it should be addressed on the show and Frank should recieve some internal punishment.
Thunderclap *
07/09/16 09:18 PM
xx * I disagree. It was only seen on the feeds and the media that the feedsters watch. And it's been resolved in the same places.
Nusa
07/10/16 12:02 AM
xx * However, remember these people are performers in a contractual situation.
Nusa
07/09/16 03:29 PM
xx * In Florida, touching a person in an aggressive manner is battery. Touching a person in an inappropriate manner is sexual battery. About a week ago
ShrewLou
07/08/16 08:14 PM
xx * Thank you for sharing the legal info
macysmom
07/08/16 10:10 PM
xx * It's about safety IMO....
CassieM *
07/08/16 12:31 PM
xx * It really depends...
JlynnB
07/08/16 09:48 AM
xx * Hi Macysmom, Paulie did talk to Frank about it last night 2Am BB time, so we'll see what effect that has...
Majuro
07/08/16 09:11 AM
xx * When I was 17 years-old, My boss (first job) pinched me on both nipples at the same time and called me "coconut chest" (how idiotic).
ShrewLou
07/08/16 08:30 PM
xx * Also 17, also first job, (waitress) - My boss would
bb4peeker
07/09/16 12:12 PM
xx * If you were my daughter…
Mikentosh
07/09/16 09:22 AM
xx * First thank you..
macysmom
07/08/16 11:53 PM
xx * Thanks for sharing that ShrewLou
Majuro
07/08/16 10:26 PM
xx * Why are the woman or Day, complaining to the producers? That's what I would do. NT
Sizzle
07/08/16 10:49 AM
xx * They are grown-ass women and should handle it on their own! This is part of the BB experience they signed up for! NT
bb4peeker
07/09/16 05:50 AM
xx * Day did complain to the DR yesterday per her. BB will step in for safety of the HG's, they did it season 2 Justin, and then BB14 Willie
Majuro
07/08/16 03:41 PM
xx * Yes I believe bb would step in if things got to a serious level.
macysmom
07/08/16 04:32 PM
xx * Frank began all the trouble with Tiffany ...
Mikentosh
07/08/16 06:43 PM
xx * What about the abuse April took from Howie in season 6? It was much worse. NT
bb4peeker
07/09/16 10:23 AM
xx * Thats right... NT
macysmom
07/08/16 10:13 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 3070
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)