Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

This is a response to: I have seen a few of Vanessa's interviews & she is so articulate. IMO her F2 vote was bitter. She has been questioned about it in each interview I
BBenthusiast
Carpal Tunnel
Reged: 09/10/06
Bitter, Bitter, Bitter Bitter: Guesssssss whooooo???? A tale of Ego, Social Experiment, TV, controversy, hypocrisy, Yellow Lamborghinis and Beanies.
10/07/15 11:50 PM

First, a caveat: To all the disappointed Vanessa Fans, who were desperate to see your fan favorite become a $5,000,000 lifetime game winner, we feel your pain. And I mean that sincerely -- many of us diehard BB fans have cheered on various HGs over the years, some controversial as all get out, that have fizzled at the end or at some point during the game, causing us to want to give up on the game, and wait until next summer when we can start fresh with a new group of HGs to root for. It's the name of the game -- don't know why it is, but BB fans are rabid sometimes (myself included) -- RABID.

Too Bad Vanessa doesn't share your same empathy, especially at the moment it counted most -- to award the half-mil to the player who deserved it most. Clouding Vanessa's judgement was one simple thing: ego, pure and simple.

The most telling moment was during Vanessa's post-eviction interview with Julie Chen, when she described Steve as having stabbed her in the back NUMEROUS times. NUMEROUS!! I haven't seen anybody comment on that comment. Numerous times??? How so? Vanessa was dripping with loathing at that moment in the interview, and I knew at that point that in a million years, she NEVER was going to vote for Steve to win that half dollar for each of those million years. She was going to vote for Liz, pure and simple.

Losing, for Vanessa, is anathema. AND THAT, ladies and gentlemen, I THINK (though I'm not a psychologist) could be the mark of a tremendously successful game-player. They have to be so sure of themselves to take the kind of risks they do -- that that is their best defense mechanism, guarding against failure -- and enabling them to soldier on, ultimately successfully. The difference with BB versus Poker, is that the personal relationships that are created each and every season are so potent -- in Vanessa's words -- making the BB game THE MOST DIFFICULT of games that she's played!

So, folks, ultimately, I guess we do have to cut our gal Vanessa a little bit of slack with her vote -- she is molded so completely to be the very definition of a "winner" -- and for her to continue to be that winner, that mindset (for HER gameplay) has to be the very essence for her being! Losing is not an option -- otherwise she might not continue to take those risks and chances.

But for us BB viewers, too bad she just won't wake up and smell the 500,000 roses, as her game has ended. BUT Steve did -- and he did that before the game ended. His most impressive game move? Anticipating losing at the end. Vanessa never considered that for her own game. In her own mind, Vanessa must ALWAYS be the winner. She must be the BEST -- always the BEST, even when, as in BB17, she ultimately loses. it's her defense mechanism. It is the way she is able to overcome a losing game -- to try again (in her mind now -- BB All Stars Take 2!! -- no doubt!) But Gosh Darn it that she is not a big enough person to give credit where it's due -- to the young man who beat her -- and beat her fair and square.

In total contrast, note how Steve sussed out all the possible outcomes of the BB17 game -- INCLUDING the very real outcome of losing at the end -- and how he was going to be a gracious loser. He ultimately respected and admired Vanessa's game play, and, in HIS post-BB17 interviews, he certainly has shown himself to be a big enough person to compliment vociferously his season long alliance member AND ironically biggest threat -- Vanessa. In the live Feeds, Steve practiced his final speeches endlessly -- what he would say to Vanessa if/when he evicted her, what his final speech and answers to the jury's final questions would be AND his speech to the jury IF he lost the final HOH, being evicted by Vanessa -- rising up, and pleading to the jury to vote FOR Vanessa to win BB17. In contrast, note how Vanessa barely acknowledges that Steve was even ON BB17 -- despite hours and hours and hours of conversations with him as they were tossing various BB scenarios back and forth. It should be noted folks, that as much as we were saying that Vanessa ruled BB17, Steve's talks with her were JUST as helpful to Vanessa figuring out game moves as they were for Steve. AND -- IF how Steve played the game versus the way Liz played the game was OH SO important for Vanessa determining the way she voted, couldn't Vanessa AT LEAST in her post BB17 interviews acknowledge Steve's final outstanding and beautifully rehearsed answers and summation to the Jury -- versus Liz' less than stellar, Ginamarie-quality paltry answers? Oh Vanessa, thou Art SOOOOOO Bitter -- thou art!!!!

NOW -- let's talk hypocrisy. Remember that moment in Vanessa's HOH, where James, faced with being put on the block, honestly and sincerely told Vanessa she was playing "too hard" -- and Vanessa went practically ballistic, the tears flowing, insulted and furious that James dare criticize her game -- essentially telling James to get the Hell out of the room -- genuinely shaming James for daring to criticize her. AND YET, there is Vanessa with her final jury vote and in her post-BB17 interviews criticizing Steve's game -- who played defensively with the mindset, knowledge and abilities HE possessed -- but she can criticize him (not verbally the way James criticized her) BUT by trying to deny Steve a half a million dollars while saying he played a weak game -- not living up to his potential. Hypocrisy, anybody??? Hypocrisy, thou art Vanessa!!

Steve won BB 17 as it turns out. But had he lost, he would have been the bigger person -- the truly mature and decent person. His loss would have been ameliorated by his genuine "niceness". Vanessa on the other hand -- lost with bitterness -- discounting her loss -- pretending it wasn't real and clouding HER judgment to give credit where credit is due. She has BARELY a word of praise or acknowledgement that her alliance member Steve even won BB17. She gives him almost no credit -- says he's an inferior game player. ONLY SHE -- VANESSA -- played the BB17 game. In my estimation, Vanessa's final BB17 act was not something she should be proud of. She has handled her loss with a ME, ME, ME mentality -- where she is such a FANTASTIC, HARD, HARD, HARD working game player -- and no one else mattered. Steve? All she says is he beat her with 1 final question-- she barely acknowledges his game play -- in her interviews -- she barely acknowledges that he (or anyone else for that matter) was even ON BB17. If having that kind of ego is the way she makes her 4.5 million dollars and ownership of a nice yellow Lamborghini -- well, congratulations to her....I guess.

Edited (10/08/15 06:05 AM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I have seen a few of Vanessa's interviews & she is so articulate. IMO her F2 vote was bitter. She has been questioned about it in each interview I
JillyBean
10/06/15 09:35 PM
xx * Very interesting analysis. Food for thought. NT
FurnitureAlliance
11/28/15 12:46 PM
xx * Great Post JillyBean... NT
Sizzle
10/10/15 05:16 PM
xx * Very well written! Thank you for your insights. I agree completely. NT
SockThief
10/08/15 05:12 PM
xx * Bitter, Bitter, Bitter Bitter: Guesssssss whooooo???? A tale of Ego, Social Experiment, TV, controversy, hypocrisy, Yellow Lamborghinis and Beanies.
BBenthusiast
10/07/15 11:50 PM
xx * Barely any truth in the whole post actually... but respect your opinion
VelvetWind
11/28/15 09:51 AM
xx * This section in itself is surely fabrication... but I understand its totally an opinion :)
VelvetWind
11/28/15 09:43 AM
xx * Sorry, VW! No fabrication here. Too bad flashbacks are no longer there -- this is just what happened in that James/Vanessa HOH confrontation. NT
BBenthusiast
11/30/15 09:29 PM
xx * The video.. no being practically ballistic and no crying.. so yes fabrication
VelvetWind
12/02/15 02:20 PM
xx * Mea Culpa: about 1 thing: no crying! BUT watching that video again, she seems even more demeaning and insulting to James than I remember...
BBenthusiast
12/03/15 01:11 PM
xx * James was being sincere. NT
katharina4462
12/28/15 10:13 AM
xx * James wasn't being sincere.. he was being a d*** lol. He expressed beforehand how he felt about her. There is no sugarcoating the conversation NT
VelvetWind
12/31/15 12:06 PM
xx * He was being cocky and being an a**.. He was that way before he went up there. I watched the video many times.. and I remembered even before
VelvetWind
12/03/15 03:01 PM
xx * I'm a second person who has watched the clip many times and see it differently. Vanessa was the a$$. NT
BigGirlPanties
12/04/15 06:38 AM
xx * Good to know.. I think she's great and that's my opinion NT
VelvetWind
12/04/15 03:41 PM
xx * I grant you your opinion, and by all means call it what you want, BUT...in my neck of the woods...
BBenthusiast
12/03/15 07:05 PM
xx * oh dear... again.. your opinion lol NT
VelvetWind
12/04/15 03:39 PM
xx * LOL! That's all of us Jokersposters with our strong opinions -- WE'RE part of the BB social experiment too! We watch the same shows, the same feeds,
BBenthusiast
12/04/15 11:27 PM
xx * I can't wait.. I want an All Stars this coming year! NT
VelvetWind
12/05/15 08:33 PM
xx * I lol'd at the end of the "talk" where James says "I play the lazy way" LOLOL okay NT
colleenag
12/03/15 03:11 PM
xx * Blather, blither and blah blah blah, Vanessa rules, Steve drools...short, simple and sweet! NT
colleenag
10/08/15 06:04 AM
xx * Vanessa's justification of her jury vote for Liz: Blather, blither and blah blah blah! NT
BBenthusiast
11/25/15 04:54 PM
xx * Lol :) NT
VelvetWind
10/08/15 08:15 AM
xx * Yes, Steve drools all over his winnings. Winning! :) NT
BigGirlPanties
10/08/15 07:56 AM
xx * Yes, but Vanessa has sooo much more money to drool over :) NT
colleenag
10/08/15 07:57 AM
xx * Late but its not about the money. Its the prestige title of "Winner of BB". I personally want that title should I audition. NT
Kay19
11/26/15 08:53 AM
xx * I think Van would have been happy to win the BB 500K, but more, I think she wanted to be the winner of BB17. I don't think she begrudges Steve the $,
JillyBean
10/08/15 04:49 PM
xx * Who could have been her #2? Austin had Liz, Liz had Julia, Steve had John, Becky had Jackie, Jason had Day then Meg, Meg had James, Jeff had Jackie
VelvetWind
10/09/15 12:12 PM
xx * I agree with you that had Van been in the F2 she would have won. What I was saying was that her whole expectation rationale that Liz deserved her vote
JillyBean
10/09/15 07:20 PM
xx * One other point: You would expect a person who was trained in being able to read people like Vanessa was, to have sussed out the fact that Steve
FurnitureAlliance
11/28/15 01:17 PM
xx * Vanessa said after the game and some interviews she didn't realize all that Steve had done. She then said he played a good game. so there is that NT
VelvetWind
11/28/15 01:40 PM
xx * That's my point. The expert at reading people failed to read Steve, allowing him to play her and win. Steve should get extra credit for
FurnitureAlliance
11/28/15 05:19 PM
xx * Naw Steve just got lucky .. nice try lol NT
VelvetWind
11/29/15 08:32 AM
xx * Audrey coulda shoulda been that number 2, but was too caught up in creating chaos, IMHO NT
dustysnemisis
10/09/15 12:18 PM
xx * The truth is Vanessa had many connections in the house. she did have bonds with the hgs. How can people say she didn't? James even had a great
VelvetWind
10/09/15 12:23 PM
xx * ITA ... her social game is way underrated, IMO NT
dustysnemisis
10/09/15 12:25 PM
xx * for sure .. had a hand in how many evictions? NT
VelvetWind
11/28/15 04:45 PM
xx * ^^^^^! NT
BigGirlPanties
10/08/15 05:56 AM
xx * If she actually believes what she said in her interview, her logic is skewed. Why would anyone feel a person who dragged to F2 be more worthy
Caramel
10/06/15 09:40 PM
xx * My point exactly. I wish she would just say she promised Liz her vote so she voted for her. The End. But Van always needs a convoluted "reason" NT
JillyBean
10/06/15 10:28 PM
xx * lol Exactly NT
FurnitureAlliance
11/28/15 01:19 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 14029
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)