Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB In-Depth

BBenthusiast
Carpal Tunnel
Reged: 09/10/06
Saying Goodbye to favorites. Now--Nicole!! Going to miss her! A brief history of the Women of BB.
09/03/14 11:05 PM

In a season of Bragade Part 2, thanks to Derrick's smooth as glass, savvy playing, the BB Men are steam rolling through another season, putting the kibosh once again to the BB Womens' gameplay (or lack thereof).

But you've got to admit, some of the most captivating and charming BB women over the years have been a big reason the game, as a TV Reality show, has been SO successful!

As a LONG time BB enthusiast, each year, there have been women to sort of "fall in love" with:

BB1 had Brittany with her pink hair, with a sense of humor that was adorable. When she was evicted, the remaining guests all ran to the backyard, all shouting out their heartfelt goodbyes to her, a truly bittersweet moment. Jaime was beautiful -- really beautiful, but so, so careful at not wanting to "rock the boat". She and the elegant Cassandra were the antithesis to the emotional roller coaster Karen, and the sexy stripper, Jordan, who tried desperately to make a first "BIG MOVE" in the BBUS franchise. To date Jordan is THE ONLY HG ever to appear on the David Letterman Show!! The "careful playing" of HGs like Jaime led to the big switcheroo in the BB game. I still have fond memories of this first BB1 experiment, though, and sometimes miss its PBS approach!!

BB2 had feisty Nicole, who won me over in the early weeks when she craftily escaped eviction giving the BB franchise it's first eviction night blindside against, of all alliances, the early Chilltown. Oh that look on Boogie's face when his plans to boot Nicole failed so completely! (paving the way for those other priceless looks of shock all the way from DustinBB8 to DanieleBB14. ) Fun!

BB3 had Danielle. What a powerhouse! Her smart, witty, caustic, brutally honest, yet somehow not-cruel DRs led to her losing -- which changed the course of BB, instituting the sequester so BB players wouldn't be overly influenced by outside influences. All subsequent DRs have Danielle to thank for the HGs "freedom of expression"!

BB4 had love her/hate her Jun -- smart as smart could be, smoothly, shrewdly getting all the way to the Winner's seat. Her imitation of how Korean girls danced was hysterical. An overly-bitter jury, who were sequestered, BUT allowed to watch the season's episodes, gave her the win, but VERY backhandedly and grudgingly -- probably the most painful win in BB history. Jun cried -- and I felt bad for her! Part 2 of the BB change -- no more allowing jurors to watch the show, period. BB4 ALSO had Erika -- I know, I know, not a fan favorite -- but I thought she was the epitome of BB glamour -- couldn't take your eyes off of her beautiful face. One of the most powerful moments in all 16 seasons of BB -- was the time Erika apologized to Robert about some painful experience in their past. (This was the season of bringing back former disgruntled couples). It was so real -- and one saw the distant, lost but on some level still present affection between the two of them.

BB5 had 4 VERY interesting female players. The twins accomplished their, seemingly VERY tricky and difficult task of fooling the HGs that they were playing together, secretly switching in and out of the game every day or so -- their reveal was one of my very favorite moments in 16 seasons of BB -- I'd almost give it the top 2 or 3 moments!! Nakomis, with her slow, steady, unemotional, almost Derrick-like gameplay resulted in yet another BB change -- no more HGs selecting POV players! She was not alone in figuring that out. I think Marvin actually helped figure that infamous "6-finger plan" out! BUT -- Nakomis instituted it! She was an absolutely intriguing HG. AND -- the season had Diane! What a lovely, charming, smart game-player. Oh what a shock it was when her house-of-cards showmance turned to mush at F3, and Drew was responsible for her getting the boot. But she still was a charmer.

BB6 -- Janelle!! Need we say more? The Queen of BB! Looks, Smarts, Physical ability, the Marilyn Monroe of BB. Was it really possible for such a sexy blonde to be such a powerhouse? She lost, but the Finale's annointing her as the queen -- again a woman responsible for the next sea-change in the BB history, instituting "America's Favorite Player" -- was an absolutely necessity on the part of the BB producers. The audience was given at least a modicum of satisfaction that the heart and soul of BB6 was acknowledged! Oh the cheers that erupted when she won!

BB7 -- All the strong women of the past (where were you Jun???) were brought together. If the season had just that one night of Janelle and Erika comparing notes leading to the dethroning of King Will of the Country of Chilltown, it would be deemed a memorable season! That evening, which lasted for hours, was precipitated by cagey, smart, relentless Erika, helping make Janelle realize she had to make that BIG MOVE, (YET another thing BB players can point to as one of the origins of a BB institution: the "Big Move", which we're still praying for in this BB16 season!!!) Those two gals accomplished it in high style! Having been an anonymous reader for years at Jokers, I joined that year -- moved to by the rather nasty treatment, to say the least, of the Male Chilltown towards the women. (especially odious Boogie -- still can't understand why succeeding HGs like Ian and Dan praise that goofball for his great gameplay! I thought he was a dick!!!) Boogie won BB7 -- but the gals that wonderful night of live feeds were the real winners of BB7!

BB8: Strong Daniele, Beautiful Jen, Crafty Kail, Fragile, Tearful Amber, were ALL over-shadowed by the presence of ED. This was the first season, that the women genuinely played a back seat, in this case, to a force of One -- the misogynist, ED.

BB9: The confusing couples twist for me had one captivating woman -- Natalie. her good humor and her upbeat persona, cut through the ugliness of the odious players like Josh and Chelsea when they were in their evil glory. I know she's not everybody's favorite, but her feisty, cheerful liveliness I liked -- a lot!

BB10: A Winner! Keesha!! Following some initial cattiness (giving the boot to sweetheart Angie), she became a terrific breath of fresh air in the BB10 house. I know, I know once again, Dan was the legendary, consummate champion player in this BB season, but I was rooting for Keesha! Beautiful, with an absolutely addictive laugh, her tearful goodbye to her pal and best friend Renny, I think, brought tears to EVERYBODY's eyes! And sure enough, she won America's Favorite player, beating out the elderly favorites in the race, Renny and Jerry. i voted for her! Ten times!!

BB11: The season, for me, of Michele and Jordan, polar opposites of the female mystique. Michele, vulnerable, yet still strong, complex, lonely, alone -- yet the one I was rooting for, like I hadn't rooted for any BB player in the previous several years! Her win was not to be. And this was the first time I posted a tribute to a BB player when she lost. AND there was Jordan -- the very essence of southern, sexy sweetness, her ditsy Gracie Allen persona, and showmance with Jeff which so captivated the BB viewing audience at the time, belied a really strong, determined, unequivocal personality. SHE was the first person to confront Ronnie, speaking loudly enough so the entire house could her her criticisms of the first famous RAT of BB! It was fantastic!! Not a smart game move perhaps, but smart enough, when all is said and done, for her to win BB 11!

BB 12: The first appearance of Rachel -- which leads to:

BB13: The second, GLORIOUS appearance of Rachel! Going from noisy, erratic unpredictable gameplay, to physically dominant (in a season of He-Men like Brendon and Jeff), socially savvy, and ultimately joyful, passionate gameplay to win the 2nd time around. One of the only seasons that a favorite of mine won!

BB14: One of the only seasons when there were no strong women. Danielle was so totally under the spell of Dan -- which was, i thought, uncomfortable to watch -- his seemingly giving 90% of his efforts to Svengali-like control this rather vulnerable gal. Possible powerhouses like Janelle and Britney slipped away without making much of a lasting mark on the season. Like Season 8 when the entire cast were secondary players to ED, all the HGs were secondary players this year to Dan, even though he lost to the fan favorite, Ian! Dan WAS controlling the BB14 strings.

BB15: This was the season with SO many strong women: strong in controversy (Gina Marie and Aaryn), strong in sheer ballsiness and erotic charm (Amanda,) strong intellectually (Helen,) AND alluringly strong -- my personal fave, Elissa -- with her unusual way of talking, a drop-dead gorgeous body, one of the best laughs in all of BB, and a surprising strength. plus, she is responsible for one of my other favorite moments in BB history -- the Batman move she made, catching those balls on that moving wall thing!! Once again -- a deserving America's Favorite winner -- Elissa!

WHICH BRINGS US to this year.

BB 16 had lovely girls who JUST couldn't get it together! Joey's too-late attempt at trying to get a girl's alliance was handled awkwardly, and of course it was reported to the Men of the BS! Joey had no chance -- and the girls seemed to fade in their juggernaut. The early Bomb Squad's corralling of Amber and Christine, I still maintain was inspired -- helping them get to the end with Derrick's adept playing. But there is one gal who stands out! Nicole! Her sweet, shy, charmingly vulnerable, alluring personality will be heartily missed. She has played 2nd fiddle to the Bomb Squad/Detonators all season long. There is absolutely nothing she could have done, save being a Janelle/Rachel HOH/POV champion week after week. She is sort of kooky in a young Shirley Maclaine sort of way. Her honesty, sincerity, understated good humor will be sorely missed. She can be surprisingly sassy -- look at her doing dance moves with Frankie, or giving Zach the best (and maybe only) wedgie given in the history of BB, and listen to her honest, heartfelt DRs, her genuine honesty -- I'm voting for her for America's Favorite! Donny's got "Bold and the Beautiful", Zach has become a charismatic superstar. I say give Nicole the award!! To Hell with good or bad gameplay -- It's refreshing to see such a lovely young woman on our BB screen!!

Edited (09/04/14 05:41 PM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Saying Goodbye to favorites. Now--Nicole!! Going to miss her! A brief history of the Women of BB.
BBenthusiast
09/03/14 11:05 PM
xx * Ellissa a well deserved AFP? in what world...she was far from deserving. She only got it by connections to a decent player. NT
John33Dorian
09/04/14 12:08 PM
xx * ITA. NT
JAF
09/04/14 08:48 PM
xx * She thought her ties to Rachel were all it took for others to bow down, and it wasn't necessary to play the game. NT
bb4peeker
09/04/14 01:58 PM
xx * Let’s hear it for the girls (both in the BB house and here on JU)
Mikentosh
09/04/14 11:09 AM
xx * I TOTALLY enjoyed and agree with your write up here. The ONLY thing I would have to disagree with is the Nicole vote for AFP. This vote is
Emijo
09/04/14 07:41 AM
xx * loved your synopsis of the women of seasons past & present...still hoping for a last minute save of Nicole, but my vote goes to her for AFP... NT
ItsEleMental
09/04/14 07:05 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 2223
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)