Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB Help Center

This is a response to: Technical HTML5 vs Flash question
liquid8d
Poo Bah
Reged: 07/30/06
More info..
06/27/16 09:05 PM

BBViewer uses the HTML5 (aka HLS) streams. Unfortunately, these streams are ~20-30secs behind. As far as I know, none of their own players that use these streams make use of flashbacks, so you'd lose that functionality and only be getting a live stream (which is slightly delayed from the flash one). This is what Roku and I imagine Amazon, etc.. use.

If your reasoning is to not use Flash (for security or just EOL reasons) as mentioned you could use my viewer once it's working again or do an Android on Desktop virtual machine or something like that, but no other direct viewer is available. Otherwise, I'd just stick to the flash version if you are okay with that... I'd imagine by next year they will need to redo everything using those streams anyways.

http://tiny.cc/rmkewx

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Technical HTML5 vs Flash question
Hostus
06/26/16 06:31 PM
xx * More info..
liquid8d
06/27/16 09:05 PM
xx * If your viewer would work that would be great! The problem I have with Flash...
Hostus
06/28/16 07:22 PM
xx * You might be able to. Google "android on desktop" NT
binkie94
06/26/16 10:29 PM
xx * Great suggestion! But that would probably be more cpu load for the emulator to load first. I may try this too. NT
Hostus
06/28/16 07:24 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 810
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)