Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Archives >> BB HG Info

Dreamer

Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
Chad Ligon, the owner of Mr. GoodWood Firewood in Augusta, says a wood-burning stove is an efficient method of heating
10/12/16 05:01 AM

Alternative heating finds niche

The hearth of a home

By Adam Folk

Staff Writer

Saturday, Jan. 15, 2011

Paul Ligon's wood-burning stove was supposed to be a temporary way to heat his Hephzibah home until he could afford to put in central heating.

Chad Ligon, the owner of Mr. GoodWood Firewood in Augusta, says a wood-burning stove is an efficient method of heating, if one doesn't mind the labor.

More than 30 cold winters later, the cast iron behemoth is still turning oak and hickory logs to ash inside the home.

"I decided to use a wood-burning stove until I could get central heating and air but we just never went that way," he said. "We loved wood burning so much."

While it's still a niche market, there are some in this area who forego traditional gas or electric heaters for something a little cheaper, or cleaner. Whether it's Ligon's logs or a solar array on the roof, Georgia's relatively mild winters lend themselves to thermal experimentation
. More: http://chronicle.augusta.com/life/home/real-estate/2011-01-15/alternative-heating-finds-niche

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Chad Ligon, the owner of Mr. GoodWood Firewood in Augusta, says a wood-burning stove is an efficient method of heating
Dreamer Administrator
10/12/16 05:01 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 1017
Thread Tags: Michael BBOTT

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)