Meet the houseguests Watch Live Feed

Forums >> Big Brother Canada >> BBCA News & Rumours

Dreamer

Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
Houseguests From The Past Battle Houseguests From The Present For A Second Chance To Win Big Brother Canada 5 ~ (pics/bios)
03/09/17 12:29 AM

Press Release

THERE GOES THE GALAXY!

Returning Houseguests Gary Levy, Neda Kalantar, Kevin Martin, and Bruno Ielo Face Off Against New Houseguests in Season 5

First Time Houseguests from Edmonton, Trois-Rivieres, Montreal, and Lindsay Set to Enter the Big Brother Canada House

#BBCAN5 Premieres Wednesday, March 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Global

TORONTO, March 8, 2017 /CNW/ - Big Brother Canada is going where no Big Brother has gone before! Season 5 of Global's hit reality series is bringing back some of Canada's favourite houseguests from the past to battle new houseguests from the present, pitting them against each other in a fight for future supremacy inside the Big Brother Canada "Odyssey" house. This #BBCAN5 voyage through time begins Wednesday, March 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Global.

Vying for another shot at BBCAN victory, second chance Big Brother Canada houseguests are all after the ultimate redemption – a chance to re-write their history, and Canada has a front row seat! Second chance houseguests include: Gary Levy from Toronto, ON; Neda Kalantar from Vancouver, BC; Kevin Martin from Calgary, AB; and Bruno Ielo from Ottawa, ON. First time houseguests joining the returning players include: Andre "Dre" Gwenaelle, a masters student from Montreal, QC; Mark Chrysler, a bartender from Edmonton, AB; William Laprise Desbiens, a Marketing student from Trois-Rivieres, QB; and Emily Hawkin, a bartender from Lindsay, ON.

Meet the first eight of this season's 16 houseguests:

SECOND CHANCERS:
Gary "Glitter" Levy

Hometown: Toronto, ON
Currently living: Ajax, ON
BBCAN background: The first runner up in the inaugural season of Big Brother Canada, Gary would have taken the BBCAN crown if fellow Season 1 houseguest, and his closest ally, Topaz hadn't mistakenly voted for rival Jillian to win instead of him. Talk about misunderstanding the voting process!
Second chance strategy: "First and foremost, I'm going to reiterate the voting instructions when I get to the final two: 'Houseguests, vote for the person you WANT to win!'"

Neda Kalantar

Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Currently living: Vancouver, BC
BBCAN background: The victim of friendship gone wrong, Neda made it to the final three in Season 2 but her game was cut short by her closest friend in the BBCAN house, Jon, when he won the final HOH and evicted her in the finale.
Second chance strategy: "Last time I went in and laid low for the first few weeks. I can't do that now. I have a reputation going in. I will cut anyone I need to cut this season and I won't look back."

Kevin Martin

Hometown: Calgary, AB
Currently living: Calgary, AB
BBCAN background: One of the first houseguests to be evicted as a result of a triple eviction, Kevin is also the first houseguest in BBCAN history to be evicted without receiving any eviction votes against him. Ouch.
Second chance strategy: "The first time I played I thought having good social game was just getting along with everyone, but it turned out to be a little shallow. This time I want to get to know people deeper on a personal level."

Bruno Ielo

Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Currently living: Ottawa, ON
BBCAN background: The first houseguest to win the Power of Veto during a triple eviction, Bruno lasted eight weeks without a single eviction nomination. But the father of two was ultimately evicted in a coup d'état twist that put him on the block and lead to his departure from the BBCAN house.
Second chance strategy: "I don't have a set strategy. I need to meet everybody, see what they're about, see the personalities, learn their strengths and weaknesses and use those against them."

Ika Wong

Hometown: Montego Bay, Jamaica
Currently living: Thornhill, ON
BBCAN background: This sassy and unapologetic Season 2 houseguest is responsible for one of the most talked about moments in BBCAN history – shredding her fellow houseguests' letters from loved ones in exchange for $5000. But Ika shredded her chances to win along with those letters and was ultimately evicted in near unanimous vote.
Second chance strategy: "The last time I played, I was like, I'm going to win! I'm going to slay them. This time, I just don't want to go home first! I'm going to take it week by week. Last time I couldn't shake my strategy and I think that hurt me."

Dallas Cormier

Hometown: Saint John, NB
Currently living: Edmonton, AB
BBCAN background: Dallas' fatal move was not participating in fellow houseguest Tim's nomination process, which gave each houseguest nomination points in the form of gummy koalas. As a result, Dallas received the most koalas of any houseguest, he was put on the block, and his alliance was targeted, making him the first male evicted in Season 4. Who knew gummy koalas could be so dangerous!
Second chance strategy: "You can't have a stone cold strategy before you see your fellow houseguests. You have to be a chameleon and adapt to your surroundings in the BBCAN house. I'm really going to try to get to know people better this time because the people I thought I knew well last time were the ones who voted me out."

Sindy Nguyen

Hometown: Huntsville, ON
Currently living: Toronto, ON
BBCAN background: Despite being a competition beast, Sindy's self-assured attitude and cocky demeanour put a target on her back from day one. She was one of the first five evicted houseguests in Season 3, and holds the record for the most eviction votes ever received by a houseguest in a single eviction.
Second chance strategy: "I'm more aware of how to compete. Hopefully I won't go in and make myself such a target this time. I really want to work on my social game and improve how I approach relationships in the house."

Cassandra Shahinfar

Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
Currently living: Winnipeg, MB
BBCAN background: A strong social game couldn't save Cassandra from the dreaded triple eviction. After the brothers won the Power of Veto Cassandra found herself on the block with Tim and ultimately evicted.
Second chance strategy: "I still want to ride the middle, and analyze everyone in the house. I still want to say what I need to say to get through each week, and play to each person. But I want them to think I'm this new, different, settled person. Everyone knows how I do things, so that will be my biggest challenge."

FIRST TIMERS:

Andre "Dre" Gwenaelle

Hometown: Montreal, QC
Currently living: Montreal, QC
Brains, beauty and a sassy attitude make this masters student a force to be reckoned with. But don't mistake her lack of strategy for not being prepared – Dre is heading into the BBCAN house flexible enough to adapt to any situation.

Mark Chrysler

Hometown: Edmonton, AB
Currently living: Edmonton, AB
This fun, outgoing, fitness-lover has a two-pronged strategy when it comes to winning over the houseguests, and winning the game – dominate the physical challenges and use his charm to up his social game.

William Laprise Desbiens

Currently living: Trois-Rivieres, QC
Hometown: Trois-Rivieres, QC
Even though William plans to use his French accent as his secret weapon to confuse houseguests, this French-Canadian is ultimately trying to be himself and have fun in the house…but if he has to do a little backstabbing in the process he will!

Emily Hawkin

Hometown: Lindsay, ON
Currently living: Toronto, ON
This "really freaking single" singer-songwriter has contemplated several strategies before going into the BBCAN5 house, but is holding out until the first HOH competition to decide on her plan of attack.

Demetres Giannitsos

Hometown: Edson, AB
Currently living: Edson, AB
This confident, self-professed beefcake nicknamed "The Greek" loves to workout and grab attention from the ladies, but he's looking to align with fellow alpha males early in the competition to make it to end.

Karen Singbeil

Hometown: Kansas City, MO
Currently living: Victoria, BC
Having lived on both sides of the border, this mother of three thinks her ability to adapt will give her an edge in the BBCAN5 house, with her personal motto of "go hard, go big, or go home" keeping her going.

Dillon Carman

Hometown: Madoc, ON
Currently living: Madoc, ON
This professional boxer and current Canadian Heavyweight Champion is a strong and powerful competitor, but a teddy bear at heart. But houseguests shouldn't let his soft side fool them – Dillon works best under pressure and his mental strength matches his physical strength.

Jackie McCurrach

Hometown: Port Coquitlam, BC
Currently living: Port Coquitlam, BC
Fun, outgoing, and silly, this fiery redhead is a guys' girl that's focusing on keeping her head in the game and improving her mental strength when she gets into the BBCAN house.

Airing exclusively on Global, Big Brother Canada plucks a group of hand-picked strangers from their homes, sequesters them from the outside world, and places them inside a house outfitted wall-to-wall with cameras and microphones that capture their every move. The houseguests compete for a grand prize of $100,000, a $30,000 home furnishing makeover from The Brick, and a new 2017 Toyota 86.

Big Brother Canada premieres Wednesday, March 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT and continues to air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT, and Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Global. Viewers who miss the premiere can catch up on Big Brother Canada following the broadcast the next day on GlobalTV.com and Global Go. And for even more behind the scenes action, fans can watch the live feeds on BigBrotherCanada.ca.

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited (04/09/17 01:43 AM)

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Houseguests From The Past Battle Houseguests From The Present For A Second Chance To Win Big Brother Canada 5 ~ (pics/bios)
Dreamer Administrator
03/09/17 12:29 AM

Extra information
Thread views: 1251
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Donate | Privacy statement | User List | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™

Copyright 2023 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)