Forums >> Big Brother USA >> BB Alumni

Dreamer

Site Admin
Reged: 07/24/02
Loc: Think twice ~ cause it's just another day for you and me in paradise
Three former North Shore reality TV stars reflect on experience (Victor)
08/05/17 03:35 PM

Three former North Shore reality TV stars reflect on experience

Updated on August 2, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Posted on August 2, 2017 at 7:00 AM
By Kara Martinez Bachman,

Slidell resident Victor Arroyo was a contestant on last year's CBS TV series, "Big Brother," the quintessential "prying eyes" reality show that has just entered its 19th season. He said being cast in the show was a life-changing and positive experience. (photo credit: Guillermo)

///snip///
Victor Arroyo III, "Big Brother" Season 18

Slidell resident and personal trainer Victor Arroyo III was a contestant on last season's "Big Brother."

"I can't speak for all reality TV, only for 'Big Brother,'" Arroyo said. "I know that nothing I did in the house was scripted, nor was I swayed by producers."

That being said, Arroyo said his involvement in one of the more invasive reality shows taught him the artificial constructs -- the sets, the rules of competition -- are "reality," but not "real life."

"It is our reality because, to be honest, 'Big Brother' is not real life," Arroyo said. "You, as a viewer, get to see what happens when you put 16 strangers together competing for $500,000. There is no doubt that makes for great TV."

He said "Big Brother" is unique among reality shows in that it offers a live streamed feed of the activity in the house.
Read more here: http://www.nola.com/community/st-tammany/index.ssf/2017/08/big_brother_still_symbolic_of.html

Shut the flippin' front door! ~~ Do you think you were born awesome, or just grew up badass?

Entire thread (Refresh)
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Three former North Shore reality TV stars reflect on experience (Victor)
Dreamer Administrator
08/05/17 03:35 PM

Extra information
Thread views: 4812
Thread Tags: None

Contact Us | Privacy statement | User List | Game Room | Retired Forums | Acronyms and Board Terms | Report A Violation Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2.1

Copyright 2017 JokersUpdates.com (v6.2x.Srv1)